Man Overboard 'Heart Attack'

I don't understand why fans expect lyrical depth for a Pop Punk band, the genre still hasn't moved pass singing about ex GFs or reminiscing about the past.

That's the thing; I don't have high standards for pop punk lyrics at all, but these are just sooooo cheesy and forced sounding.

That's the thing; I don't have high standards for pop punk lyrics at all, but these are just sooooo cheesy and forced sounding.

Yep. For example I love Mixtapes who I think have funny/cheesy lyrics. But for me they are able to make it work and it's just fun music. This song sounds like they are trying to be cliche and it's lost on me. I will say they were decent live at warped tour last year.

You guys serious?! Ok, maybe this isn't better, but I've tried to think that Transit song is cool. I can't stand that guy's face lol. The video makes me like it less. We all have those bands, you know? It feels like they don't want to be playing it and they're all just accompanying their weird singer friend.

I dunno, maybe hearing a whole album of it will make me feel better. With LIsten & Forgive in my mind (and how much I liked that), it seems weird to have this track (Nothing Lasts Forever) out right now.

To stay on topic, meh the MO song. I always look for them to surprise me and get good and mix vocals like pros and it still hasn't happened. :(

You guys serious?! Ok, maybe this isn't better, but I've tried to think that Transit song is cool. I can't stand that guy's face lol. The video makes me like it less. We all have those bands, you know? It feels like they don't want to be playing it and they're all just accompanying their weird singer friend.

I dunno, maybe hearing a whole album of it will make me feel better. With LIsten & Forgive in my mind (and how much I liked that), it seems weird to have this track (Nothing Lasts Forever) out right now.

To stay on topic, meh the MO song. I always look for them to surprise me and get good and mix vocals like pros and it still hasn't happened. :(

Nothing Lasts Forever is not too much different from L&F. It's poppier but that's the progression they were going on.

I bought Transit and MOB together. Both are pretty catchy, also I need both to carry on my discogs from both bands :D

As for Transit dude's face, he looks like a flipping neanderthal and LOL at how they cycle his voice at 3 different layers to give him the sound they were looking for...still dig the new songs from both bands and PO'd both albums :D

Both are Warped Bands.... they are no longer tr00 poop punx!

I've tried to get into ManO for years. I lived in Philly when they were really gaining speed (when Jeff Kummer was drumming for them on & off) so it was hard to go anywhere or see any band without these guys opening and I just could never stand them.  Their live show always turned me off and to be honest, they've always reminded me of a slightly heavier, American version of Busted.

With that said, I listened to the new song and I am impressed with it.  I don't think I'll buy the album, but I can't say I dislike the new track.  Maybe this release will redeem them for me.

Something I can agree with you on! Let's not get all buddy buddy though due to our epic VCAA matchup. 

NOOO MUST HATE! lol

I feel like the problem is that the lyrics aren't witty and cunning enough.

Always with the profound stuff. How do you do it, teenageeric?

i do wholeheartedly agree with that though

I bought Transit and MOB together. Both are pretty catchy, also I need both to carry on my discogs from both bands :D

As for Transit dude's face, he looks like a flipping neanderthal and LOL at how they cycle his voice at 3 different layers to give him the sound they were looking for...still dig the new songs from both bands and PO'd both albums :D

Both are Warped Bands.... they are no longer tr00 poop punx!

ha. some darn good points in here.

if you can tell that about mr. transit's vox, what's the deal with MO? why do i hate the way they're mixed so much. I actually kinda liked Montrose, but everything on the last record and this song is just weird. It's like it doesn't sit on top of the mix, it's just weak.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...