Hugo Chavez dead

Gotta be honest I'm excited about what this means for the future of Venezula.

Being born and raised in Venezuela (moved to U.S. in '86), I saw my homeland go from one of the top Latin American countries to the epitome of a third world country in a matters of years when Chavez took power. What his death will mean for Venezuela and its people? I shudder to think because of how power-hungry both VP Maduro and the prior "election's" other candidate Cabello are. It's going to be ugly for everyone down there. And I still have family living there. 

Gotta be honest I'm excited about what this means for the future of Venezula.

VP has already expelled two US diplomats, claiming they were surveying military leaders on interest in running the country.  the VP has already said he's going to continue to have zero relations with the US, so I dont think things are changing any time soon

i dont know the first thing about chavez. so much so that it wasnt until like an hour after seeing this thread that i realized "oh, i was totally thinking of che guevara. which makes the post about that much funnier.

but i came in here because i just watched the parks & rec episode where the venezuelan delegation visits pawnee under hugo's committee to humiliate and shame america.

viva america!

viva pawnee!

viva.. mayor walter gunderson!

I meant positive in complementary toward Chavez. You know like he did good or he did some good things in general. Anyone feel something like that?

he's extremely anti-semetic, and any time anyone writes a report that is/was critical of human rights, crime rates or political motivations, they were expelled from the country, and he made it so he could have run for president indefinitely, eliminating the term limit in the consitution that he signed in place in 1999.  He did do good things though for Central and South america, and for his people, attempted to curb the rampant crime and murder in Venezuela, forced, sometimes with use of the military, to make food production plants/farms produce at full capacity to make sure the prices stayed low..