So I noticed a new wrinkle today at bb.com.  I'd been using Regina Spektor's "Begin to Hope" quite a bit to get codes.  As of today, its no longer listed on their website.  In the past, albums they've realized they were never going to be able to ship (i.e. Pretty Odd) would just appear as not available.  Not sure if that means anything...

They're cleaning some of these up.  I've seen the price on one album increase $20 after they cancelled my order.  It has since been removed from the site altogether.

It's still fairly easy to find other "low risk" albums that are either listed below street value (amazon price list) or that are recently backordered.

It's modern day crate digging.

Question, lets say you order...lets call it album "X" today. Do you wait the 4 weeks for "X" to cancel and receive code, or do you order album "X" again within that time period even though you have one order open for it already. Is that how people are doing it?

I'm not doing that. I saw one dude say he got banned from best buy and essentially he had a few records he was putting multiple orders in for at a time. I've been trying to find records that are backordered for 1-2 weeks, instead of 3-4 so there is a quicker turn around (cancels after 2 weeks) and just having one order of each record going at a time and then reordering when it gets cancelled. I do have a few records that I'm doing that with, but that's just me haha

^ Thats what I'm doing too. I was just wondering because I've run out of backordered records that I'd REALLY want if they do ship. Those are the only ones I'm ordering, because its a win win situation! I did notice the quicker turnaround with the 1-2 week versus the 2-4. Luckily the couple I ordered are the 1-2!