Question about record grading

agd

So I bought an album on ebay.  Here is the description:

THIS ALBUM IS IN GOOD CONDITION THROUGHOUT.  THERE ARE SOME SLIGHT VISIBLE WEAR MARKS ON THE VINYL BUT IT PLAYS GREAT SLEEVE IS GOOD COND AND INNER SLEEVE IS PRESENT AND ALSO IN VERY GOOD COND.  

After getting the record in my hands I noticed significant water damage on the back corner of the sleeve.  The grading on the sleeve is low on goldmine standards, but I feel as though water damage is something that should be brought up in the description.  I would not have bought the record had I known that there was water damage to the sleeve.  Am I being a dick by asking for a refund?  

Oh geez. Here we go now. 

Before you start getting flamed. hopefully we can head that off at the pass. 

Did the seller post decent pictures of the record? 

Goldmine Standards are rarely used by the casual seller so don't even bother. Especially around here in VC. 

Take pics of the damage that you're referring to. Email the seller and express your concerns over how you received the record and this water damage it and offer to provide the pics. Be polite and professional about it too. That's a given. Hopefully. 

See where it goes from there. 

if the record itself isn't in awful condition i wouldnt bother taking the time to ask for a refund 

I would normally think that also but if the seller made mention of the sleeve condition and it being in good condition, and then it shows up and has water damage, that's a problem right there. 

It's an original copy of Wowee Zowee by Pavement on Big Cat.  I'm a Pavement lunatic and this is the record that would literally complete my collection.  The seller only posted one picture of the front cover as well.  To me, the damage is a huge deal breaker, but I wanted to get some feedback from others before I began to complain about this. 

The new listing on ebay for records of late is horrible.

Seems like they did away with the whole grading thing and everyone thinks "its good"

Really confusing.

I have also noticed on discogs of late that grading is somewhat off. That site I have more respect for than ebay but I wont buy from new listers on that site anymore either. They are just in for the sale and do not have a clue about grading

go for a refund. I ordered a record and the sleeve itself was damaged pretty bad because he shipped in in a padded envelope with some cardboard. apparently that meant "heavy duty mailer" to the guy. he never answered my emails for a replacement, I opened a case, got my money back in 3 days and got to keep the record. im all about being honest in your listing. if you are going to ship that shit in a bubble mailer, say that. if there is damage to the record sleeve and any part of it. SAY IT. people suck sometimes.