PO the new Thee Oh Sees & White Fence

• 3 weeks later...

the colored version of White fence is back up and there will be an Oh sees RSD release that will bein stores and up on their site, after RSD. 

Hail, Castle-friends, 

Many interesting things are afoot! First off, tomorrow is the big day for WHITE FENCE, as the new record Cyclops Reap will officially be out and in stores and available and weeee boy ain't it fun? We've got a small handful left from the (truly amazing) presale last month, AND we're repressing it already, so ALL those copies, including more of the colored vinyl, are up on the site here. If you're not one of the lucky ones that gets one of the few we've got still here, they'll go out in early May, but have at it while supplies last, the record is incredible and deserves your initially undivided attention on the way to it becoming the recurring soundtrack to your mellow-times and contemplative moments. 

19.jpg

Speaking of WHITE FENCE, the remaining 7"s we have on hand are up for sale as well, and we're going to repress this too, so if you missed the colored vinyl, there will be another chance to get at it. I had the recent and immense pleasure n' privilege to pay witness to WHITE FENCE's two night haunt at San Francisco's Amnesia last weekend and hot-damn did they slay. Why bring up such a killer show that you (statistically speaking) couldn't attend, you ask? Well, John Dwyer had the brilliant idea to lug his Tascam 388 out to Amnesia (along with Eric Bauer, Chris Woodhouse and Bob Marshall) to capture the two nights on tape and boy howdy does it jump out of the cans at ya, this thing sounds incredible!  You'll get to hear it soon with our freshly minted Live from the Castle Grounds series, in which we'll attempt to capture the sweaty best of our favorites the best way we know how, straight to tape with burners at the boards. Keep an ear out!

RUNNING has been on the mind and on the speaks lately as they've been wrapping up everything for their new record for Castle Face, Vaguely Ethnic. I've been watching these freakish Chicagoans develop their heavy brand of screechingly nauseating ass-kickin' jams for a few years now and I couldn't be more stoked that we're putting this out. This fresh batch finds them refining their expansive and disorienting sound into a compact gang of no-nonsense slicers. I would not want to run into these tunes on a dark side street. To add to my immense sadistic pleasure at unleashing this mean motherfucker into the world, Edie Fake is cooking up some intensely patterned psychosis to adorn it. We're looking forward to releasing this one in early summer, details will be forthcoming...check out the killer "Controversial PR" here

20.jpg

Maybe it's spring, maybe SXSW was a little too much for some people this year, but there's been drama afoot with two of our long-time groups...THE MALLARD has announced an indefinite hiatus and BLASTED CANYONS has broken up. If you've been keeping an eye on this newsletter you know that the new LP by THE MALLARD is in the works, and that's still definitely coming out, and it still definitely rules. We are also going to put up a small handful of limited edition ice blue versions of Yes On Blood with specially handmade silkscreened covers by Greer soon...alternate artwork, alternate futures, an alternative to being bummed about THE MALLARD not playing for a while. As for BLASTED CANYONS, we've got 10 original William Keihn screened posters left, as featured above, so if you want one of those, you can get them here. RIP stone-dawgs.

17.jpg

And yes, the rumors are true -  there's a new OH SEES record coming as well...recorded at the same time as Floating Coffin, Moon Sick is 4 new tracks from thee mighty OH SEES with some help from Kelly Stoltz, Lars Finberg, and K. Dylan Edrich...and the proceeds from this one goes to a good cause, Healthy San Francisco...we're dumping the whole profit from the first pressing on em. The image of the moon up top is the cover by former OH SEE Patrick Mullins...and that spot gloss beauty directly above this paragraph is the back cover. It will be out in stores on Record Store Day, so keep an eye out for the moon during that glorious bacchanalia that's been giving the music industry a simultaneous headache and a hard-on the past few years. Maybe after Record Store Day we'll put up a couple of colored vinyl on the site too, for those that dig such things. 

Lastly, we're going to make some CDs...weird I know, but some people have asked and we've listened, so we'll have nice digipaks of WARM SODA Someone For You, THEE OH SEES Floating Coffin, and WHITE FENCE Cyclops Reap soon.  

More news as we make it, thanks as always for getting down. 

Castle Face

They didn't press more...when they originally went on sale they said very clearly that it was only a partial sale and the rest would be available on the release date.

Pretty clear above that they ARE pressing more: 

AND we're repressing it already, so ALL those copies, including more of the colored vinyl, are up on the site here. If you're not one of the lucky ones that gets one of the few we've got still here, they'll go out in early May, but have at it while supplies last

the remaining 7"s we have on hand are up for sale as well, and we're going to repress this too, so if you missed the colored vinyl, there will be another chance to get at it

New to vinyl collecting but I've noticed some labels send some of the limited variants to indie stores when the album is released. Anyone know if Castle Face does this? Listening to Floating Coffin on pitchfork. It's absurdly good and I'd love to get my hands on a red splatter copy. Also tempted on the White Fence album but haven't heard his stuff.

New to vinyl collecting but I've noticed some labels send some of the limited variants to indie stores when the album is released. Anyone know if Castle Face does this? Listening to Floating Coffin on pitchfork. It's absurdly good and I'd love to get my hands on a red splatter copy. Also tempted on the White Fence album but haven't heard his stuff.

i've only seen castle face stuff on black in retail stores but that could just be me. i think the colored stuff is mostly mailorder.

here's the stream of the white fence LP: http://pitchfork.com/advance/65-cyclops-reap/

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, colored press of Moon Sick and new repress of Ty Segall s/t:

Moon Sick: http://www.castlefacerecords.com/products/thee-oh-sees-moon-sick

Ty: http://www.castlefacerecords.com/products/ty-segall-s-t-limited-edition

Got the email this morning and they're still available.

• 4 weeks later...