pain

Just a couple days ago I experienced the worst pain I've ever felt. Last year I had 1-2 migraines a month, but since I've started taking meds for it I hadn't had for at least 6 months. Then last Tuesday I had one, and it was so much worse than normal. It starts out with my eyes going all wonky where it's like I can only see clearly out of my right eye. Then my fingertips on my left hand start going numb and it goes up my arm, to my face, and finishes with the left half of my tongue going numb too; this is accompanied by a fairly bad headache. But this time it messed with my hearing where even the smallest noise sounded like a huge boom in my ears. My headache was as I can only describe as a headache with another headache pushing on the right side of my head. I tried to lay down and go to sleep (as that's the only thing I can do to fix a migraine once it's started) but there was no position in my bed that didn't make me feel any better. When I finally fell asleep, I woke up and threw up in the bed, then ran into the bathroom and dry heaved for a couple minutes. This continued for most of the day. And it probably didn't help that my stomach was hurting from not eating, but the only thing I was able to keep down was a cup of apple sauce. 

Last year I had an MRI done and was diagnosed with a focal neurological deficit. There's not really a cure, but as long as I don't get too stressed they don't happen often. 

I almost went back to the hospital after posting this but instead I downed a reasonable amount of NyQuil and tried to sleep.  I woke up twice, which isn't bad, and the second time I took my next antibiotic and more tylenol.  I'm okay now, it hurts but its manageable.

What sucks is I can't hear out of my right ear.  With headphones on, all the way up, it sounds like a whisper.

Gonna go to the ent asap.

what's weird is how much worse this one is than any previous ear infection I've had.  I had two other since Otctober but those didn't bring me to tears.

i'm probably bringing this up due to recent memory

when my lower wisdom tooth started coming in, there was like a flap of flesh from the gum and my cheek that was basically hangin' out between my teeth. for a couple days, it was sore as hell, and i just doused it in anbasol. then that stopped working all together, and i had to stuff cotton back there for relief. again, that didn't do much after a day or so.

eventually, it got so bad that i nearly passed out while standing in line for drinks at a show. vision got real blurry, legs got weak, and i had a bit of a panic attack.

then i got them taken out, and it was a nearly painless procedure/recovery. 

other things worth noting: snapping my wrist, needing stitches under my eyebrow, that time i opened a door over my foot and it tore off my big toe nail.

I almost knocked myself out with a pair of pliers once. I was pulling a wire with it but it slipped and I hit myself right across the nose. Hit was so hard I fell backwards and hit my head on the table. One of my nostrils has felt narrower ever since.

Also remembering leaning on a stow while having a smoke once. I was pretty drunk so it took a few seconds before I noticed it was turned on. Hurt like hell the following days.

I had my appendix burst when I was in 8th grade and we thought it was the flu for 2 weeks after it had burst before I finally went to the doctors. I was super dehydrated so I was rushed to the hospital and had fluids put in me. Spent 5 days in the hospital unable to walk, eat or drink anything. Was on IV's constantly, and "drank" water with a tiny sponge on a stick. And every night of it I would have crazy fever dreams. I also had surgery to put a tube in my ass cheek to drain the excess pus from when my appendix burst so I wouldn't get infected.

Then I laid around at home with IV's in half the time with pain medication pretty much dying for another month before I had the surgery to have it removed, but still had the tube in my ass. Finally, I had the tube removed and felt it pull out through my body which almost made me pass out. It was awful.

I had my appendix burst when I was in 8th grade and we thought it was the flu for 2 weeks after it had burst before I finally went to the doctors. I was super dehydrated so I was rushed to the hospital and had fluids put in me. Spent 5 days in the hospital unable to walk, eat or drink anything. Was on IV's constantly, and "drank" water with a tiny sponge on a stick. And every night of it I would have crazy fever dreams. I also had surgery to put a tube in my ass cheek to drain the excess pus from when my appendix burst so I wouldn't get infected.

Then I laid around at home with IV's in half the time with pain medication pretty much dying for another month before I had the surgery to have it removed, but still had the tube in my ass. Finally, I had the tube removed and felt it pull out through my body which almost made me pass out. It was awful.

Almost the same situation with me, 8th grade as well. Spent a week in the hospital. 

I went to the doctor and they said it was a stomach virus, went back to the hospital a month later and they were surprised I was alive. 

No ass cheek tube though. Sorry, that's all yours.

EDIT: Though a 50+ black lady wiped my ass for the first 3 days since I had no bowel control. She was really nice about it. 

Almost the same situation with me, 8th grade as well. Spent a week in the hospital. 

I went to the doctor and they said it was a stomach virus, went back to the hospital a month later and they were surprised I was alive. 

No ass cheek tube though. Sorry, that's all yours.

EDIT: Though a 50+ black lady wiped my ass for the first 3 days since I had no bowel control. She was really nice about it. 

Yeah not very fun. At least you had that luxury though haha. Kind of weird thinking about the fact that so many people have such extreme pain when it bursts, but other times you just don't know it. I never realized til I was older just how serious it was that I waited so long to go...it's freaky looking back on it now.  :unsure:

i will never complain about pain again. holy hell, all of you.

I thought the same. I keep saying I won't come back in here and read it... But I can't look away. Worst thing that's happened to me was a sliver in my eye. Had to wear an eyepatch. I was 9.

Worst pain I've ever experienced is when i crushed my finger in a CNC mill between two solid plates of steel. After the occurrence, i lost my nail, had a pin in my finger holding the top of it on. The outcome? half of my finger turned black and fell off when the pin was removed. My left middle finger was then amputated and is now almost an inch shorter! WAHHOO!!

I might sound like an ass for making this reminder, but in order to curb bacteria evolution into super-resistant bacteria, please take all the antibiotics, even if they don't work.

The worst was after I had fractured a finger in two, I had two pins inserted, one from the tip of the finger going in deep. The pain was when the anesthetic wore off. It was a full day of being stabbed.

Worst pain I've ever experienced is when i crushed my finger in a CNC mill between two solid plates of steel. After the occurrence, i lost my nail, had a pin in my finger holding the top of it on. The outcome? half of my finger turned black and fell off when the pin was removed. My left middle finger was then amputated and is now almost an inch shorter! WAHHOO!!

I'm really sorry that happened to you.

i also had my appendix burst...had that for 2 weeks, i was scheduled for a hernia operation. the doctors told me i was too sick for srugery, come back in 2 weeks. that sucked. 

then my car accident...broke my sternum, bruised my heart, internal bleeding throughout my intestines. during the accident, i only pain felt in my chest, i was scared to breath, at the time i didnt know it was broken, but any movement hurt so bad, then about an hour later, i started to feel the internal bleeding, that literally felt like someone was cutting into my stomach, and just twisting. im pretty sure i passed out a few time during the ambulance ride and waiting in the hospital. i had surgery right away..woke up in recovery earlier than expected, without pain meds in me. holy shit. stomach surgeries are bad enough. catheters and NG tubes arent a bundle of joy either...in and out. 

a year later i had the same surgery due to a dilated bowel loop (i have pictures of my surgery, i asked my doctor to take them, he was so excited, you wann see?!). then the following year i had gallstones and had to have my gallbladder removed. the surgery was a breeze, but the gallstone attacks were pretty rough 

waking up after surgery with no pain meds>internal bleeding>broken chest>gallstone attacks>appendix

I've been lucky and been pain free most of my life.  I broke a toe once, which was about a 2/10 on the pain scale.  At my high school job I had a guy drop a 3000 pound skid on my toe, that was maybe a 3/10.  Clamped a finger in a cutter at work and scared the crap out of myself but just turned it a cute shad of purple, that was a 10/10 in the scared shitless scale, but in reality it was a 1/10.

Ear Infections up the ass when I was a kid, my parents stopped keeping track when I was at over 150.  I've had 3 sets of tubes in my ears.

Probably the most pain I've felt was after I had a total thyroidectomy after my senior year in high school. The surgery was suppose to be quick and I was to awake in my hospital room but I awoke in the ICU with a breathing tube and catheter in me. During the surgery the doctor cut my trachea. Pulling out that breathing tube was painful as all hell, worse than the catheter. It took almost an hour of coughing/choking before they could take it out of me.

i walked around with three ruptured discs in my back for about two years, until it go to the point i couldnt walk, i always thought it just sciatica or something, when i finally had an mri my dr. said he couldnt believe i walked around with it for the time i did. Also cut my eyeball one time and had to get what they called stiches in my eyeball, which amounts to jamming what felt like sandpaper in my eye for 10-15 minutes. Still think the worst is when i blew out my knee, which also happened to be two days after i graduated high school. acl and mcl tear, complete meniscus tear, and chipped bones. The best thing about that though was the only dude who had a car wouldnt give me a ride home because he wanted my spot in the game. Walking home with that the 4 blocks it took was the worst pain i have ever felt, ever.