Alkaline Trio - Agony and Irony Deluxe Edition (Pre Order Friday, 4/12))

Oh my god! People you are so greedy!

best buy sold it for $10 when it came out. you can still get it starting at $8 on discogs. $1.50 per track? according to what? itunes? and how can you determine the quality of the release when it hasn't been pressed yet?

come on. this thing should be no more than $22 or something. i'll hold off and pick it up on ebay later i guess

Album came out in 2008 It was 5(!) years ago and people were buying more CD when record industry was in crysis.

Shopradio always took a lot of money, but when I give them my money, I 100% sure, that I will receive good product. They prooven it by good customer service, good packaging and astonishing quality of previous releases(clean records, nice colours, sleeves made from good paper, and good print(sounds nice 2 ;) )).

The reason?

The First press is

180g+Gatefold sleeve (11 songs) - $17(middle price) (5 years ago, when nobody gave a shit about vinyl)

The Second press is

2x180g+Triple gatefold sleeve+11x11" 16 page book+sleeve :lol:  (18 songs) - $28 (the time when records became popular again)

Nowadays for $20 you get 1/2xLP+Gatefold/Ordinary cover/Triple gatefold(which ready to fall to pieces when you open it(Blink 182- Neigborhoods))+Lyric insert...

But let me remind you, that In this post we are talking about indie record store, that bought rights from major label to press the Ultimate version of the album.

I think, in THIS case we should say thanks to them.

Not sure how much the license was from Epic Records, but I don't think it was cheap. Regardless if they're gouging or not (I'm not sure) it sure is expensive for one of my least favorite albums from them. Not sure what the demand was for this. I might cave at some point anyway but that's a different story.

just found in other thread

91681549.jpg

so here we pay 28 usd for gatefold and 16th page booklet, right? no vinyl. cuz all songs was released before

am i right?

1)2 rare songs+5 acoustic were never released on vinyl

2)First time coloured and limited to 500 copies (not black and limited to 2500 let me remind you)

3)16 page booklet (never before seen in "VINYL" format)

4)Remade gatefold

5)Only ~$10 more(or even less) than previous press.

I needed that record on coloured plastic, I bought it.

+ This release contains every song(that makes sence) from different versions of this album like this release:

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Jimmy-Eat-World-%252d-Bleed-American-3XLP.html

Which makes it kind of Ultimate/Absolute/Deluxe/Collectors edition(call it like you want it)

Gaslight box set is bunch of songs taken from 2(instead of 4) albums for the price of full their discography(which will be rereleased in a few years with all singles from every album) and it's 4-5 LP releases+the price is higher, than greatest hits of big bands in "7inch box set format"

1)2 rare songs+5 acoustic were never released on vinyl

2)First time coloured and limited to 500 copies (not black and limited to 2500 let me remind you)

3)16 page booklet (never before seen in "VINYL" format)

4)Remade gatefold

5)Only ~$10 more(or even less) than previous press.

I needed that record on coloured plastic, I bought it.

+ This release contains every song(that makes sence) from different versions of this album like this release:

http://www.shopradiocast.com/products/Jimmy-Eat-World-%252d-Bleed-American-3XLP.html

Which makes it kind of Ultimate/Absolute/Deluxe/Collectors edition(call it like you want it)

Gaslight box set is bunch of songs taken from 2(instead of 4) albums for the price of full their discography(which will be rereleased in a few years with all singles from every album) and it's 4-5 LP releases+the price is higher, than greatest hits of big bands in "7inch box set format"

Whatever helps you sleep at night man.

• 1 month later...