My Death From Above 1979 Obsession

Absolutely love these dudes.  I grew up with a 'cool cousin' who would make mixes for me.  First track was Black History Month. Rode my bike around town with that on repeat for a full summer.  

My girlfriend is an angel- I had to work when the pink repress went up a few years ago.  She spent 2 1/2 hours trying to put my order through. Couldn't get it to work and remembered that I spent way too much time on some vinyl board.  Quick google search, read the tip someone posted here about buying a gift card, boom.  Awesome girlfriend.  

They were to me as well, god jesse's bass sounds just sex. And just how original, I think that's why they snagged my interest at first. And now they're RECORDING. NEW TRACKS. I am beyond excited

Try Failure's Magnified, most of the leads are all distorted bass.... I bought a bass guitar because of that album.  Drums are fun too.  Then the guitar is more for atmospheric type stuff, often playing music unrelated to the bass/rhythm.

...and because youtube has awful content protection, you can listen to the Slash/WB album in its entirety

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOz92VMdQ14

Love this band, I want to see them live so bad. They played a japanese music festival 2 years ago the weekend before i moved there. I was so pissed i missed it

I got lucky and saw them with Queens of the Stone Age and Nine Inch Nails. One of the best shows I've ever seen.