NEW AFI ALBUM SEPT 2013

I liked the first song better than this. I'm a huge afi fan & I can appreciate that musicians evolve, which in turn, changes the music from a band as a whole, but I miss the aggressive sound of older afi. I know a lot of people who think sing the sorrow is their best album and that decemberunderground is where they went mainstream, but I disagree.... Art of drowning was the last album that really had balls. STS was the beginning of radio hooks and over production. Ah well, I'm sure I'll get the new album when it comes out.

Don't mind the new track.  As much as I miss the Art of Drowning / Black Sails AFI, I've enjoyed all the later releases more than I expected.  Art of Drowning was the last one I bought and it'll probably stay that way.

Completely forgot about Son of Sam, going to have to queue that up if I still have it!

• 1 month later...

I never listened to Crash Love for whatever reason, but I think DU is a great album. My introduction to AFI was Sing the Sorrow, so I don't really care that they aren't punk anymore. I'm digging the new songs, excited to hear the rest of the album.

My introduction to AFI was Shut Your Mouth and Open Your Eyes, so it's a little upsetting but only on a nostalgic level.  I absolutely HATED DU in it's entirety, but I loved Crash Love.  Sing The Sorrow was meh to me, never really cared for it.  With all that being said, I do like the two new songs they released so far, so if the rest of the album follows suit I should enjoy it