NEW AFI ALBUM SEPT 2013

Honestly, I loved everything except Crash Love. I HATED Decemberunderground when it came out, but listening to it now, I really dont mind it. Obviously nothing will beat the Black Sails-STS years though. I cant help but be excited, they are my favorite band of all time. But I dont want to get my hopes up after being bummed by the last release. Holy shit that was a bad record.

I think Crash Love is a great album. don't care if it doesn't sound like classic AFI.

I agree.  It took me awhile to actually get around to listening to Crash Love, but when I finally did I just accepted it as another step in the evolution of the band.  Crash Love ended up being a pretty great rock n roll record. 

I agree.  It took me awhile to actually get around to listening to Crash Love, but when I finally did I just accepted it as another step in the evolution of the band.  Crash Love ended up being a pretty great rock n roll record. 

I can't think of a band I like that's evolved more than AFI, and on top of that, it's been a pretty gradual evolution.  listen to any two consecutive albums and you're like "I see how they went from one to the other", but listening to answer that... and crash love back to back sounds like two completely different bands.

I was apprehensive about Crash Love after Decemberunderground, but that record blew me away and I think it's one of their best.  Ridiculously excited for this.  AFI is one of the bands that I think has evolved and grown the best over the years unlike bands like Alkaline Trio and Green Day.

Crash Love and DU were fucking great albums, who gives a shit if they weren't "punk" or whatever. Broaden your fucking horizons.

This is going to be awesome. Bring on September.

My problem with DU was the influence of Blaqk Audio on it, and I wish they would have kept their projects more separated.  Still like the album a lot though.