Citizen - Youth [June 11th 2013//RFC]

Came in to see about a stream...

flame-war.gif

4 millions points for this

To be fair he got it from what.cd, so he wasn't the initial leaker. And at least it was only a day before the band/label wanted to put the entire album stream up, could've been another month early leak like Daylight or TWIABP. Not trying to make you guys not hate Adam (I'm aware that isn't possible), just trying to lighten the mood a bit. Get excited, everyone gets to hear this later today even if they don't want to seek out the leak!

I wanna jizz my pants every time I read such a normal/kind post like this on vc. dantheriver, I officially like you.

t2ec16rhjgwe9nytuzbrbwsgwg60_57.jpg?w=30

3,999,999 points for this. but only because you're competing with troy barnes.

two things.

1. we need to start talking about this incredible album in this thread. fave song so far is sleep. or at least that's the one that stood out to me the most.

2. if you're not gonna post in here about the album, you'll have plenty of fun with us in the twittersphere. :)

LOL at everyone who thinks that the "hey, it happens anyway so don't be mad at just Adam" is a normal/kind type of post. Guess we've just given up on ethics entirely. 

You must not make a living doing this, and therefore have no stake in the outcome. The point that Jeff made, being that Adam claims to be a record label and then not only stole the album, but knowingly added to the spread of that leak is a clear indication of his integrity as a label or guy who sells music, and is deserving of criticism. You can try to draw a million correlations to the stream, the state of music, or divine intervention as to why certain album sales are what they are digitally, but you can certainly not refute that what Adam did (like many others do) didn't help that cause. Spotify is $10 a fucking month, how are people still going to itleaked.

I don't listen to this band, so this will be my only contribution to this thread. 

LOL at everyone who thinks that the "hey, it happens anyway so don't be mad at just Adam" is a normal/kind type of post. Guess we've just given up on ethics entirely.

You must not make a living doing this, and therefore have no stake in the outcome. The point that Jeff made, being that Adam claims to be a record label and then not only stole the album, but knowingly added to the spread of that leak is a clear indication of his integrity as a label or guy who sells music, and is deserving of criticism. You can try to draw a million correlations to the stream, the state of music, or divine intervention as to why certain album sales are what they are digitally, but you can certainly not refute that what Adam did (like many others do) didn't help that cause. Spotify is $10 a fucking month, how are people still going to itleaked.

I don't listen to this band, so this will be my only contribution to this thread.

I wasn't defending Adam or what he did, just trying to make this thread a little less dreadful. And I doubt most of the people on this forum (who support bands/labels by buying physical media) think that leaks don't affect labels. I was just pointing out that there are worse monsters out there (like the person who was purposefully given an early copy of this album and opted to put it on the Internet) and that the results could have been significantly worse (since I'm sure this has been in the hands of quite a few people for weeks and the release date is now only a week away).

LOL at everyone who thinks that the "hey, it happens anyway so don't be mad at just Adam" is a normal/kind type of post. Guess we've just given up on ethics entirely. 

It's not the content of that "normal/kind" post, just the tone. Yours too. It's well put, makes sense, isn't brash, makes a point. Always a fan.

I wasn't defending Adam or what he did, just trying to make this thread a little less dreadful. And I doubt most of the people on this forum (who support bands/labels by buying physical media) think that leaks don't affect labels. I was just pointing out that there are worse monsters out there (like the person who was purposefully given an early copy of this album and opted to put it on the Internet) and that the results could have been significantly worse (since I'm sure this has been in the hands of quite a few people for weeks and the release date is now only a week away).

You are the grand optimist. 

But I would say it is getting less dreadful BECAUSE of this tangent. 

It's not the content of that "normal/kind" post, just the tone. Yours too. It's well put, makes sense, isn't brash, makes a point. Always a fan.

Fair enough <3

so, what's everyone think about the actual... you know... music and stuff.

I think people comparing Citizen to their contemporaries are selling Youth short. On first listen the album started at a familiar pace but at about Sleep they started to hit stride, Sick and Impatient is the standout track for me. The 3 star review is bullshit (sorry for bringing it up, Jeff), this album shows a great amount of growth as well as hints of the band's potential.

not like subscribing to spotify is really helping bands/labels, what do they make, pennies per play?  maybe i'm wrong and this is a major revenue stream for run for cover, but can't you just stream most of their releases on bandcamp?

pretty sure this adam dude probably ordered/will order a copy of this three star record.  

not like subscribing to spotify is really helping bands/labels, what do they make, pennies per play?  maybe i'm wrong and this is a major revenue stream for run for cover, but can't you just stream most of their releases on bandcamp?

pretty sure this adam dude probably ordered/will order a copy of this three star record.  

I order a copy of almost everything rfc puts out