Drake - Nothing Was The Same

I have CD, LR, MBDTF, WTT and the Power pic disc. Also picked up the Otis/N***as in Paris promo white vinyl recently. Still need 808s and Graduation (except they didn't give that one a proper pressing) :(

You go on KTT by any chance? I've been on there for years.  Less often these days than before.

Really excited to see him announced as the musical guest on SNL finale in a few weeks... new music must be really really close. Although I'm not excited to hear people like Chief Keef flying out to Paris to work with him.  We'll see, though.

You go on KTT by any chance? I've been on there for years.  Less often these days than before.

Really excited to see him announced as the musical guest on SNL finale in a few weeks... new music must be really really close. Although I'm not excited to hear people like Chief Keef flying out to Paris to work with him.  We'll see, though.

yeah same here man, looking forward to hearing whatever he puts out though! I think I've heard of that site a couple times from a friend. Isn't that a fan site or something? maybe I'll join! What's your name on there?

Oh god Mac Miller is worse. I listen to Aesop Rock, Del, El-P, P.O.S., Wu-Tang, Atmosphere, Blu, MF Doom, Pharcyde, good stuff like that

I like most of them. But if you don't like Kanye and Drake (especially Kanye) then I'm guessing you take their public lives into account when judging their rap skills.

For what it's worth, those artists haven't been underground in many, many years.

as someone who follows hip hop very closely for many years, besides Wu Tang, the average person won't know any of the rappers he mentioned.  Even Wu Tang can't sell to anyone outside their core fan base 

as someone who follows hip hop very closely for many years, besides Wu Tang, the average person won't know any of the rappers he mentioned. Even Wu Tang can't sell to anyone outside their core fan base

And I would respectfully disagree. All of those names are pretty common in the hip hop world. I mean, you're communicating with other music enthusiasts so typically we're not "the average person".

i had an amazon gift card :P

I thought the outrageous $130 price was because it was rare, but it's because that how much it was priced for when it was released.  Jay/Kanye are so full of themselves, unbelievable 

hopefully Kanye doesn't do something stupid like that again with his next album

I thought the outrageous $130 price was because it was rare, but it's because that how much it was priced for when it was released. Jay/Kanye are so full of themselves, unbelievable

hopefully Kanye doesn't do something stupid like that again with his next album

I think they might be somewhat rare but theyre still so readily available because of the retail price lol. I love it though I think it was a little overpriced but the vinyl sounds amazing and the packaging is top notch and definitely looks and feels expensive.

I think they might be somewhat rare but theyre still so readily available because of the retail price lol. I love it though I think it was a little overpriced but the vinyl sounds amazing and the packaging is top notch and definitely looks and feels expensive.

They're easily attainable because no one but a few will pay that price.  The packaging is nice no doubt and it's something I WOULD buy, Jay/Kanye are not getting $130 from me for it

I think I ended up paying around $99-100 for my WTT.  It's really good, but still not $100-good.  Just one of those things I saw and knew I had to have.  But then again I'm also waiting to find MBDTF on sale somewhere like $30 is "too much" so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite.

yeah same here man, looking forward to hearing whatever he puts out though! I think I've heard of that site a couple times from a friend. Isn't that a fan site or something? maybe I'll join! What's your name on there?

Yeah it's KanyeToThe.com and it's basically just a giant forum.  Over the last few years it's gotten kind of crowded and not as good as it used to be, but its definitely still worth checking out.  I pretty much only go in the Music section anymore.  My username on there is "fcktheyanks".

I think I ended up paying around $99-100 for my WTT.  It's really good, but still not $100-good.  Just one of those things I saw and knew I had to have.  But then again I'm also waiting to find MBDTF on sale somewhere like $30 is "too much" so I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite.

I was just going to link you to amazon, which I bought there for $22 new and has been that price for a while now, but now it's $36

That is a funny blog post! But I legitimately have a hard time reading the entries. Haha. I heard that new Ghostface Killah record (cassette) 12 Reasons and I don't know what I was expecting but man it is like a straight up murderific album ha. 

Picked up (or tried to at least) MBDTF from BestBuy today... it's backordered but only $23 (free shipping). So hopefully that works out. Apparently if they can't fill it they give you a $10 off code, so it's win-win.

Ordered that too using the 10 dollar off code a few days ago.Hoping for the best.