We are all doing it wrong...

This was from a "survey" at work. Decent sample size...too bad more people choose not to listen to music over the vinylz. Apparently engineers/folks in the microprocessor manufacturing business aren't into physical media. <_<  

It makes me chuckle knowing how much we all spend on records. :P

el-oh-el_zps92665f15.jpg

We are the 1.59%...

Seriously though, I can totally understand people not listening to music, it just surprised me that more people choose that over my preferred medium.

Yeah, I thought the same thing, but ultimately this was just a quick pick deal on the homepage of our employee portal, not a proper statistical survey.

Yes you're right, I knew that people didn't do physical media nowadays, but this was the first time I have seen "real" numbers tied to it. For example, if we did the same exact survey here it would be unanimous for vinyl right? I thought it was interesting for what it was.

Yet it's impossible for most of us to get an RSD ATDI 2xLP.

Am I to understand passive music consumers are flipping records to the 1.59% or is 0.79% fucking over the other 0.79%?

Do people who hang records on walls consider themselves a part of the minority?

Too many unanswered questions. I must lay down.

I'd say there is a good mix of passive music consumers AND record nerds flipping, based on what I have seen so far.

Good call on the wall hangers...are they the ones who "don't listen to music"? :P

Over the long run, I almost always listen to the accompanying digital download more than I spin the record. I have way more listening time in transit, or at the office, than I do at home.

Record player in the car with a butter smooth suspension is all you need.

In seriousness though, they put a record player in a car on Pimp My Ride one time. 

Pfft lets see how awesome digital downloads look framed to our walls...

SIKE!! they don't because they invisble dawg!

You put them on USB sticks, you fucking idiot.

I'm surprised that many people still listen to the radio.  Aside from NPR, there is very little remotely good radio stations out there.  Zero of my friends listen to the radio. 

we have a great non profit station here in saint louis called KDHX. local DJs volunteering their time to play their own shows. tune in at any given time and hear classic punk, hardcore, industrial/electronica, metal/goth, classic country, blues, jazz, poetry discussions, local concert calenders, etc.

it's a wonderful station. pretty sure you can stream it online, too.

literally the only radio i still listen to.

it's fucking great.