PO: Faith No More- Angel Dust

Ah.

Any idea if the corrected one would be more widely available down the line? I could always hold onto my mo-fi until that time if so.

This is an issue. I asked the same thing of MOV because I wanted the black version but didn't want to get another mispress, so I asked them directly. Sadly I didn't get a response as there seemed to be a bit of tension between myself and MOV over the inclusion of a replacement record on the Discogs database. I don;lt want to put too fine a point in the replacement disc, but it was already on the database, I had already consulted with the database manager and was advised it could not be removed. In any case, my main query was not replied to. 

MOV acted professionally regarding my main issue and repressed the records and sent me replacement discs for my two blue versions. I kept the original mispressed discs as did a handful of initial complainants. Soon they changed the process and asked for the whole release back and returned it to customers without the mispressed record but with the replacement disc.

At random I've been asking sellers to check their copies for the repressed disc (black only) and so far each seller has said that either they were told by their suppliers (not MOV I should add) that they had the repressed disc but upon inspection found it was the mispress or they simply found they had the mispressed version. I've yet to source a repressed version out in the wild which leads me to believe that people are only getting them from MOV or via complaints with their vendors who then source a replacement. Though I'm willing to bet the majority of those vendors who receive a complaint will simply refund the buyer and sell the thing again without ever trying to source a replacement disc. With this in mind, there may be repressed copies out there but I'm not seeing them.

To obtain a properly pressed version of this album is overly complicated.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my local shops said they'd order it in for me, let me check the run out and if it was right, exchange my Mo-Fi for it. It came in this morning and sure enough, it's the re-press!

Thanks again for all the info. I would have never known about the problem in the first place or what to look for on the corrected version if it weren't for all the info in this thread.

• 2 months later...

Anybody has a fixed blue ANGEL DUST and/or golden ALBUM OF THE YEAR for sale?

I recently ordered a copy of AOTY from Amazon.it as they were advertising it as BLACK wax.

When it came in I noticed it was the golden version so you might want to try your luck with them.

At least you can always return it for a refund or exchange with something else.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered a copy of AOTY from Amazon.it as they were advertising it as BLACK wax.

When it came in I noticed it was the golden version so you might want to try your luck with them.

At least you can always return it for a refund or exchange with something else.

Amazon in the UK are always doing this.

Anybody has a fixed blue ANGEL DUST and/or golden ALBUM OF THE YEAR for sale?

This is the marketplace page for the fixed Angel Dust pressing on Discogs. I try to clean it up and have asked users selling this to confirm how they know it is the repress. None so far have confirmed the correct runout/matrix inscription but most refused to check because the item is sealed. You could ask some of the sellers to check the vinyl incription for side B to ensure you're getting the repress/2nd press. You'll probably hit  abrick wall though as I am also after another repressed copy.

Album of the year, Golden Edition: http://www.discogs.com/marketplace?release_id=4822602&ev=rb

11 copies for sale.

The corrected Angel Dust was hard to come by. Especially when I bout it last Fall. I ended up paying $10-15 more by getting it from someone on eBay who had mailed in for the replacement disc. I overpaid, but I got the origal, 2xLP release and the replacement, slightly different color blue, disc two as well. The place I bought it from told me thatbwhen MOV started repressing the record because they learned of the issue, they made extra copies of disc two so the first x-number of customers could get a replacement directly from MOV. When those ran out, they started telling folks to return their copies to the seller. Not sure how accurate this is, but that's what one shop owner told me.

It was myself who reported the problem to them and they just sent me a replacement disc (they actually sent me two). They then asked people to return the faulty record and sent it back with disc 1 replaced. I;ve never seen the replacement available from a distributor as some of those Discogs sellers claim. They claim their distributors say they are repressed but not a single one would agree to check the record because it is "sealed". If I was an customer and ordered one of these I would demand a full refund personally as the item is faulty.

Edit: I have also asked MOV directly if repressed/fixed version were sent out to distributors and they have not responded to this and several other queries since they had a tantrum of me adding the single replacement disc to Discogs as a standalone item following advice directly from the Discogs management. Whether people approaching them now are told to get a refund from the seller is another matter, my last comments with MOV was not along those lines and advised that they did not want to discourage direct contact.

Thanks.

I bet the sellers won't open the seal to verify...but that's basically my problem. Don't wanna get the mispress and then in the end MOV doesn't reply or sent a repress :(

I went through every copy and I after consulting with Discogs staff we were not satisfied that ANY were the repress. As such we removed them all but one which we are waiting for a reply on. It appears that absolutely no copies of Blue were recalled. As such the seller personally asked for a replacement disc, they won't have one. We also found that the one copy that sold through Discogs was also really the mispressed version sold on the wrong page. Remember sealed only means sealed and that the packaging on these is resealable. Look for a confirmed copy which has been checked, perhaps on ebay?When is the last time anyone with the mispress contacted MOV? They may still be replacing them?!

• 3 weeks later...