Anyone want to do Insanity with me?

The concept of tracking my progress through the Fit Test doesn't really appeal to me, so I just do it as a workout and skip writing the numbers down. I feel more athletic and I can tell I'm doing more when I do the fit test and that's good enough for me. Today it's back to the regular workout though and I'm ready to get my sweat on.

From my experience, sometimes you just have days where you're not as focused, or just feel sluggish, etc.

I tend to find that happens in the middle of the week or towards the end of the week for me. I think the workouts are so exhausting that by the end of the week you're just starting to get worn out before you get that recovery/day off if that makes sense? 

alright dudes so i said i was going to start monday but i had to meet my wife in the ER becuase of her uterus so i am going to start next monday.

i need my sundays off so i can enjoy my football.

i have been eating alot better the past couple of weeks so that should help a ton too.

just a little back story.  my biggest weight was 230.  i went down to about 165.  came up to about 185 and that is pretty much the perfect weight so that is going to be my goal. 

ever since i had my twin girls my diet has been out of wack.  so in the past 3 years i have slowly gained weight and am now teetering around the 210 mark.  i have a pretty addictive personality and when it comes to eating i can't stop.  i stopped smoking and chewing when my girls were born, really cut back on the drinking.  so food was the obvious choice.    so the past couple of weeks i have been really good at portion control and not eating after 9. 

can't wait to start and hopefully i will post a before pic so i can compare with the after.

Mad congrats on finishing month 1!!! Let me know how recovery week compares.

Recovery week workout was a nice change of pace. It's just like the recovery day workout focusing on control and technique more than cardio, but you still sweat a lot. There is a little bit of cardio mixed in and your legs and arms will be tired by the time you are done. A lot of the same movements and a few new ones. 

It will be nice to "recover" for a week before the brutal month 2 begins.

alright guys so i kinda fucked up a bit.  i have all the dvd's except for day 2.  i forgot to download the dvd from blanchard's pm so i did day 1 again. 

i gotta say the first day i would keep losing track of my count.  i would focus on my form and forget about counting.  luckily since i did day 1 twice i was able to focus on the numbers better.

day 1

-switch kicks  86

-power jacks  40

-power knees  88

-power jumps  14

-globe jumps  9

-suicide jumps 7

-push up jacks  20

-low plank oblique  40

over all i really enjoyed it.  absolutely hated power jumps and suicide jumps.  while i was doing the suicide jumps on the way down my back would pop on the leg extension so i stopped and ran in place.  gonna have to work on that one a little more.

my faves were the push up jacks and low plank oblique.

can't wait for day 3.

I am way too out of shape right now to even attempt Insanity. Shit looks more killer than CrossFit.

Nah!! You can do it! The nice thing about insanity is that regardless of what kind of shape you are in you can still do the moves, go at your own pace and take breaks when you need it. It all uses your own body weight so no additional equipment is needed either. Trust me, I started off in really bad shape but I got better with the workouts. It never hurts to try it.