Into It. Over It. - Intersections - 9/24

I've tried so hard to get into The World Is A Beautiful Place... but I just can't. Everyone said they were amazing live, so I thought maybe seeing them open for IIOI would change my mind. It didn't, they are a terrible band. As noted above, the spoken word stuff was embarrassing, the songs just meander and never really go anywhere for me. There are moments of brilliance, but they are never fully realized. I just don't get why everyone loses their shit over this band.

I've tried so hard to get into The World Is A Beautiful Place... but I just can't. Everyone said they were amazing live, so I thought maybe seeing them open for IIOI would change my mind. It didn't, they are a terrible band. As noted above, the spoken word stuff was embarrassing, the songs just meander and never really go anywhere for me. There are moments of brilliance, but they are never fully realized. I just don't get why everyone loses their shit over this band.

I like their album, but live they are a trainwreck.

When they played in MN (which was the first stop of the tour), their set was spectacular. How they sound on the record (and each release) is how they sounded live. They conjoined the songs the way they are on the album and it was spot on. Watching them was a bit boring (no interaction) and they cut their set early due to conflicts with french fries and gravy, but I would totally see them again.

When they played in MN (which was the first stop of the tour), their set was spectacular. How they sound on the record (and each release) is how they sounded live. They conjoined the songs the way they are on the album and it was spot on. Watching them was a bit boring (no interaction) and they cut their set early due to conflicts with french fries and gravy, but I would totally see them again.

who cares? they're obviously focused on the music first (and only), and the fact that nine people (or eight) can make such beautiful music mixed so perfectly live is absolutely stunning. the wall of sound they can create on these tiny stages is one of the coolest things i've seen live ever.

I saw the tour in pontiac MI on Friday night. I was looking forward to seeing TWIABP and they sounded great, but left a really bad taste. No graciousness or humility on their part. Seemed like they would have been happier playing to no one. They totally had an arena rock attitude towards the crowd. Very shitty! Maybe I'm too old or just sensitive. Every other band was top notch!

who cares? they're obviously focused on the music first (and only), and the fact that nine people (or eight) can make such beautiful music mixed so perfectly live is absolutely stunning. the wall of sound they can create on these tiny stages is one of the coolest things i've seen live ever.

I think my main problem with it was going from AGBPOL, to them is like slamming on the brakes of a live show. They sounded great, but I selfishly want more of the rock show. The parts where they were firing on all cylinders were GREAT. But then there were the long, drawn out moments where they totally lost me. And that's my personal beef with it, I realize other people like that. I respect it, but I don't have the patience for it. I still love the album.

As far as being personable with the crowd, they were cool to folks before and after the set where I saw them. David sold me the lp and was super nice. 

I think my main problem with it was going from AGBPOL, to them is like slamming on the brakes of a live show. They sounded great, but I selfishly want more of the rock show. The parts where they were firing on all cylinders were GREAT. But then there were the long, drawn out moments where they totally lost me. And that's my personal beef with it, I realize other people like that. I respect it, but I don't have the patience for it. I still love the album.

As far as being personable with the crowd, they were cool to folks before and after the set where I saw them. David sold me the lp and was super nice. 

I totally agree. TWIABP was like listening to loud molasses. When they picked up the tempo (which wasn't very often), it was promising. During their set, I noticed a lot of texting and general disinterest from the people around me. Don't get me started again on the spoken word guy.

Again, this sucks because as someone who owns their album, I was pumped to see the live show. They did not deliver.

TWIABP wasn't very impressive at the show i went to either. they spent a good +3 minutes of random guitar improv because they ran out of time for their last song. the drummer seemed annoyed with it because he wanted to play the last song, then walked off which made the rest of the crowd feel slightly awkward. the spoken word guy jumped back on to make it somewhat more bearable but it was still an odd way to close a set. 

i saw them with brand new last september and i liked them a lot. definitely agree that they seem to prefer bigger venues, no one really cared about them at the IIOI show.

TWIABP wasn't very impressive at the show i went to either. they spent a good +3 minutes of random guitar improv because they ran out of time for their last song. the drummer seemed annoyed with it because he wanted to play the last song, then walked off which made the rest of the crowd feel slightly awkward. the spoken word guy jumped back on to make it somewhat more bearable but it was still an odd way to close a set. 

i saw them with brand new last september and i liked them a lot. definitely agree that they seem to prefer bigger venues, no one really cared about them at the IIOI show.

where are you from? really felt like TWIABP had a bigger crowd than IIOI here in DC. IIOI crowd emptied out throughout their set.