Into It. Over It. - Intersections - 9/24

TWIABP wasn't very impressive at the show i went to either. they spent a good +3 minutes of random guitar improv because they ran out of time for their last song. the drummer seemed annoyed with it because he wanted to play the last song, then walked off which made the rest of the crowd feel slightly awkward. the spoken word guy jumped back on to make it somewhat more bearable but it was still an odd way to close a set. 

This is exactly what happened at the Cleveland show. Bummer we didn't get "Getting Sodas." Ugh.

TWIABP is coming back through and playing in Brooklyn at Suburbia on March 27th... Just thought I'd throw that out there! You will definitely be seeing me there if you end up going.

https://www.facebook.com/suburb1a/posts/642133419192813?stream_ref=10

the hottest place on planet earth

I've tried so hard to get into The World Is A Beautiful Place... but I just can't. Everyone said they were amazing live, so I thought maybe seeing them open for IIOI would change my mind. It didn't, they are a terrible band. As noted above, the spoken word stuff was embarrassing, the songs just meander and never really go anywhere for me. There are moments of brilliance, but they are never fully realized. I just don't get why everyone loses their shit over this band.

Nice. I've seen them probably 10 times and they get worse and worse every time. They are so so so so horrible it's unbelievable.

On a more positive note, the Intersections songs are amazing live. I saw Evan several times before they started doing the full band thing and it never did it for me, but now I don't think I could ever get sick of seeing IIOI live.

where are you from? really felt like TWIABP had a bigger crowd than IIOI here in DC. IIOI crowd emptied out throughout their set.

i was at the cleveland show, small venue called the grog shop. i was pretty surprised not many people cared for them, but it could've been the fact that the band didn't seem into it at all. they also went on twitter afterwards to tell someone that was at the show to kill themselves, so there's that haha.

i was at the cleveland show, small venue called the grog shop. i was pretty surprised not many people cared for them, but it could've been the fact that the band didn't seem into it at all. they also went on twitter afterwards to tell someone that was at the show to kill themselves, so there's that haha.

At the Columbus show Chris (spoken word guy) told people who (and I'm paraphrasing) "weren't going to tell racist or sexist jokes to their faces and were cool" to come talk to them and hang after their set. This was the day after the Cleveland show so I imagine it had something to do with that.

There was a guy at the Cleveland show that said some really ignorant, racist stuff. When he approached the merch table, the band pretty much told him off and tried to buy back the TWIABP shirt he was wearing - they said they didn't want a racist idiot advertising their band, and some heated language was exchanged before the guy walked off.

There was a guy at the Cleveland show that said some really ignorant, racist stuff. When he approached the merch table, the band pretty much told him off and tried to buy back the TWIABP shirt he was wearing - they said they didn't want a racist idiot advertising their band, and some heated language was exchanged before the guy walked off.

yeah i read some of the twitter fight about some guy saying ignorant racist/sexist things. really sucks that someone would say things that are so awful it'd make TWIABP want to buy back their own merch. 

at the same time, it's just as awful that they went to twitter and told someone to commit suicide multiple times. it seems like people should know better than to say racist things, as well as flat out telling someone to kill themselves. it's weird to me that TWIABP is essentially "emo music", yet they told someone they barely knew to commit suicide. oh well, just my 2 cents.