Kendrick may have just started a rap revolution

hey i don't listen to a lot of rap but i wanted to post in this rap thread to see if you guys have heard of this rapper named macklemore and ryan lewis he raps about real things not just money and bitches like lil wayne does

True story, that "thrift store" song is eleventy kinds of awful.

Kendrick's verse is hard, but a revolution I don't think so. It's just your typical hip hop boasting really. In other rap news, Earl Sweatshirt's album Doris leaked. Really liking it so far, that kid is a lyrical genius.

I'll be looking for this later. Everything I've heard from it gives me super high hopes. And I've always gotta support someone with the same name as me.

Haha. Oh man. This sounds like the world's worst Sleigh Bells song. Are we considering this pre-revolution still or is this song proto-revolutionary?

I guess we'll have to wait for tweeters and mainstream media to weigh in on its significance during this revolution of watered down rappers.

Dude rhymes the same word with itself too many times, and then spends the rest of the verse telling people that rappers need to step up their game. It has been said many times before in the past 15 years or so in the underground and nothing ever changes. Modern popular rap is terrible and such an abomination to where it started out and what is happening un the underground level of it.