Boards of Canada Represses 2013

"Oh, dammit.  My limited OG copies are now indistinguishable from a broader press that more people can enjoy.  Fuck my life."

Like, I get the idea of limited presses or variants being cool to own or whatever.  But at the end of the day, vinyl is more of a music medium than a Beanie Baby.  There are plenty of albums I own that have received nearly-identical represses.  And honestly, sure, it was nice owning them "from the beginning" and before everyone else.  But when they get repressed, I can acknowledge and embrace that it's now the time for other people to hop on board.  And I think that's fine and dandy.  Especially when we're talking about BOC-status albums that are only available for $100 - $300, presently.

Furthermore, no one is insisting that hardcore BOC fans - who own the OG discography - have to buy these represses.  That's on you.  I traded a valuable record for my MHTRTC, earlier this year.  I knew that a repress was potentially on the horizon, but I opted to do it anyway.  Am I sour about it?  Absolutely not.  Am I miffed that the repress is going to be nearly identical to the copy I own currently?  Nope.  If anything, I'm stoked that more people will finally be able to get their hands on it.  Especially fans of the band who weren't privy to the vinyl game back when copies initially went up.  Fans who've been waiting.

Just my 2¢.

"Oh, dammit.  My limited OG copies are now indistinguishable from a broader press that more people can enjoy.  Fuck my life."

Like, I get the idea of limited presses or variants being cool to own or whatever.  But at the end of the day, vinyl is more of a music medium than a Beanie Baby.  There are plenty of albums I own that have received nearly-identical represses.  And honestly, sure, it was nice owning them "from the beginning" and before everyone else.  But when they get repressed, I can acknowledge and embrace that it's now the time for other people to hop on board.  And I think that's fine and dandy.  Especially when we're talking about BOC-status albums that are only available for $100 - $300, presently.

Furthermore, no one is insisting that hardcore BOC fans - who own the OG discography - have to buy these represses.  That's on you.  I traded a valuable record for my MHTRTC, earlier this year.  I knew that a repress was potentially on the horizon, but I opted to do it anyway.  Am I sour about it?  Absolutely not.  Am I miffed that the repress is going to be nearly identical to the copy I own currently?  Nope.  If anything, I'm stoked that more people will finally be able to get their hands on it.  Especially fans of the band who weren't privy to the vinyl game back when copies initially went up.  Fans who've been waiting.

Just my 2¢.

I am in 100% agreement. I am glad that new fans will finally be able to get hold of the records that have not exactly been scarce but super inflated price wise for the last ten years.

I am pleased I can add to my collection. If you ever heard the press of Trans Canada Highway you will know it sounds like shit. I am hoping they sort this out this time.

I am not a 'og press snob' by any means.

If you ever heard the press of Trans Canada Highway you will know it sounds like shit. I am hoping they sort this out this time.

I have not, but I look forward to hearing everything, to be sure.  I'll probably end up re-buying MHTRTC if there's a value to be saved with the bundle.  Truly a case of patience being a virtue, for me.

.... they always seem to be readily available on Discogs and Ebay just the prices people ask for them are craaaaaazzzzzyyyyy! Can't see a re-press changing that either, if anything probably the opposite.

Yeah, adding them to my discogs wantlist was a total mistake. I constantly get notifications of people selling BOC stuff for crazy prices.