The Ambient & Experimental Thread

http://asseasexhale.bandcamp.com/album/but-can-you-save-yourself-reprise

Releasing this a day early because who cares why not. I broke the song into 4 tracks just because it's pretty long but yeah. Check it out if you want!

Dude I really enjoy your work, but haven't seen your name before this forum. Do a little more promoting! You have a lot of tracks people would get into!

http://asseasexhale.bandcamp.com/album/but-can-you-save-yourself-reprise

Releasing this a day early because who cares why not. I broke the song into 4 tracks just because it's pretty long but yeah. Check it out if you want!

Dude, give me some little write up I can post from the Deadhorse page so people can check out your music!

Dude I really enjoy your work, but haven't seen your name before this forum. Do a little more promoting! You have a lot of tracks people would get into!

Thanks dude! I've gotten the post rock facebook page to post my stuff before and had some blogspots post my stuff but I don't really know what more to do than that. It's just me so I can't really tour or anything. I've never been sure how to promote myself very well haha. I need to get on that somehow!

Dude, give me some little write up I can post from the Deadhorse page so people can check out your music!

What would you want? A simple "hi I'm Steve and I write ballads for delay pedals" or some contrived 3rd person bio haha.

I can't wait for new SOTL, reissues and a tour.

Not ambient or really experimental, but i'm listening to Burden of Hope by Grails and forgot how amazing this album is. Broken Ballad is beautiful. Had to post that somewhere. Studying for a sociology test, so going to throw on Ballasted Orchestra next.

Just now saw that Andy Othling (Lowercase Noises) is launching a site soon that's pretty much going to be dedicated to ambient guitarists and stuff. Gear to use, recording methods, all that stuff apparently. Might be cool. Figured I'd throw that out there for anyone else on here that's into making chill tunes.

http://reverbnerds.com/coming_soon/home.html

It's already over unfortunately. Too bad, it was for that Neunaber Wet he uses. Definitely would've been keen to do some recordings with it but yeah, someone already got it!

PS for those of you that use twitter, I made an account for my post rock tunes. I'm probably only gonna post when I'm writing, really bored or looking into new gear but have at it if you want.

@AsSeasExhale

• 3 weeks later...

I need to give Burial a listen. I just always hear people say he is dubstep (what??) so I have stayed away. I'm a huge Four Tet/Kieran Hebden fan so I am sure I will enjoy.

Absolutely love me some Burial. For what it's worth, Bronch - since I've heard the same "dubstep" remarks, too - I believe his work can be compared to traditional UK dubstep. Before it crawled overseas and we bastardized it with our sikk dropz and Skrillex production.

Wait for the sun to go down completely, and put on Untrue. Or take it on a night walk through the city. You'll get it.

Absolutely love me some Burial. For what it's worth, Bronch - since I've heard the same "dubstep" remarks, too - I believe his work can be compared to traditional UK dubstep. Before it crawled overseas and we bastardized it with our sikk dropz and Skrillex production.

Agreed, Burial sounds nothing like the dubstep you're thinking of.  Untrue is probably the best place to start, but everything I've heard from him is really good.