How many of us on here are failed musicians?

I just joined a band I've been a fan of locally for a long time and we're starting to hit a really nice stride and touring. Going in to record a full length by years end hopefully.

But I've never done anything that took me out of Minnesota or Wisconsin until now.

I don't know if I've just missed you mentioning it, but what band are you in?

i had a solo project that i kicked around town for about 4 years, playing at least 20 shows a year, mostly as an opening act or hosting local events, but rarely drew much of a crowd, not even friends, for the most part.

it formed into a full band back in 09 that lasted for about 5 months, and played maybe 12 shows, drawning between 6 and 10 people a show, depending on who we were playing with.

i also have a record-at-home comedy project called The Delos Gaylords that is a hobby more than anything. i've made about 15, full albums for that project in the last 10 years. i still have 7 or 8 of them that i had backed up. i lost a few on an old hard drive that crashed.

not much of a loss honestly.

Not a failed musician quite yet. haha
Have played music since I was in like 4th grade. Started with drums, but now I also play guitar, keys, and bass(kind of), as well as a few other random instruments I can play, but hardly ever do (banjo, ukulele)
Been in bands with friends on and off since like 7th grade.
The band i'm currently in just recorded an album a few months ago, and our friend who just graduated from college with a degree in audio production produced it for us, and it turned out awesome and im so excited. Releasing it in exactly 3 weeks now. Cant wait.

I just joined a band I've been a fan of locally for a long time and we're starting to hit a really nice stride and touring. Going in to record a full length by years end hopefully.

But I've never done anything that took me out of Minnesota or Wisconsin until now.

Listen to this dude's band. Great vibe, great musicians, great dudes.

Not sure I want to hop on the 'failed' label since I've felt fulfilled in the projects I've been involved in but I definitely fall under the 'indefinite hiatus' category. How long can someone identify themselves as a musician without creating any new music? 1 year? 2? 4? Right people at the right time creates the magic I feel. Sometime soon!

I was in a band that was on a major label and got kicked out for knocking up my now wife and not being scene enough. I started the band, BTW lol.

Edit: looks like our MySpace page is still up haha, https://myspace.com/twh all the Peace And Quite stuff was recorded with Matt Goldman (The Chariot, Underoath), but the label sat on it any never did anything with it. The band eventually got dropped when all the talent left ;)

All joking aside if anyone wants everything we ever recorded shoot me a PM and I'll up it for ya. Keep in mind these songs were written nearly a decade ago.

Figured this is as a good a place to post this as any...

http://ofconfidencepdx.bandcamp.com/
today my band released a single from the album we're releasing in 2 weeks. check it out and if you're into it like our facebook page or something! that would be cool.

https://www.facebook.com/ofconfidencepdx

Played in bands all through high school and dropped out of college because I was convinced I was going to be in the next Pearl Jam. Finally formed a band that gained a small, but loyal following locally. Local paper even put us on the frontpage of their pullout 'weekend' Magazine that came in each Fridays edition back in the day.

On top of playing seemingly Nearly every hole in the wall club from florida to New York at least once and too many times to remember in the VA,DC, MD area. We also opened up for a strange and varied array of national bands such as Rhino Bucket, Cheap trick, and Trixter..yes Trixter, look em up and lol.

We had a few no mame labels offer Us contracts basically saying they were going to keep all the profits, but hey at least we would have a record out. i refused to sign anything that stupid so Toward the end of my run we were making less than enough money to cover gas for the van, at each others throats all the time, and I was writing songs that the other guys deemed too 'angry and not sexy'. Did I mention I was the one punk / hardcore / sxe guy in the band that played guitar in an almost glam hard rock band just because my friends who were the rest of the band asked me to? Needless to say after 2 years I quit.

Definitely had some of the craziest, most fun times playing, especially towards the end. Tried to start bands here and there afterwards with no luck. Finding people that are on the same wavelength as you truly is the hardest thing in the world IMO. Still write and record solo. But only share with close friends and family. Played open mics, coffe shops, book stores and the occasional acoustic club night show solo off and on up until about 6 yrs ago just because the bug never fully leaves you once you do it. Met my wife, got married, had a kid. Life took over.

Now I mostly play for my 2 yr old daughter and she thinks I'm the greatest thing since yo gabba gabba and is my biggest fan. That's all that really matters to me now. :)

Once upon a time I played bass in a band called A Skyline Fracture, but then I left to start being an adult. Not sure if that counts as failed.

ha i remember this band, no shit

http://thepeoplesayfox.bandcamp.com

Th People Say Fox - sort of death cab/copeland/mew style.

love you guys and for real we need a 7" of the whaler's line put it out on sift static please and thank you

and do you still have copies of that no sleep cassette?