MTV VMA Awards....

TFP

Yea, nothing like what Miley did IMO. And for the record I don't think what she did was all that "tasteless", I just think its hilarious that she thinks she is adding sex appeal to her resume. She looks like an idiot and isn't sexy at all. Someone please post the picture of her in the half mom jeans half sweatpants get up.

miley being a slut on stage is nothing compared to the fucking menace that justin has become. 

he's made a habit of spitting on people lately. first it was former football players in his community who got on his case for driving like a fucking moron.

more absurdly was the video someone caught of him spitting on a crowd of his own fans.

there was the incident where he was also filmed strolling through a restaurants back halls.. deciding to piss in a mop bucket- where he told a picture of bill clinton to fuck off (?)

last thing i saw, he started some brawl in a club, where he took some cheap shots at a dude after having his whole crew do the initial dirty work.

i'm sorry i know all this. i really wish i didn't, because i would be way happier without all this rage towards that little cunt rag.

the worst part is that my sister loves him.

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/solidarity-is-for-miley-cyrus-1203666732

http://feministing.com/2013/08/27/a-not-so-tiny-criticism-of-mileys-huge-cultural-appropriation-problem/

I have been in a fierce debate over those 2 articles with one of my friends after she posted them on facebook.

Basically the articles talk about how Miley's performance is a completely racist act, using black women as props.

http://groupthink.jezebel.com/solidarity-is-for-miley-cyrus-1203666732

http://feministing.com/2013/08/27/a-not-so-tiny-criticism-of-mileys-huge-cultural-appropriation-problem/

I have been in a fierce debate over those 2 articles with one of my friends after she posted them on facebook.

Basically the articles talk about how Miley's performance is a completely racist act, using black women as props.

Pretty much any article written by the professional outrage brigade should be greeted with a great big eye roll.

After seeing all this go down, I’d think miley would be concerned with the reaction of her peers, people she could potentially work with. it’s like the equivalent of getting drunk at your work party and doing questionable things, no one looks at you the same the next day.

31977.jpg

Seriously, this shit is so far beneath us as humans, it is ridiculous that we're so easily distracted from the real issues, such as the one in the meme quoted above. i feel stupid for even coming in this thread. Whatever, taste went out the window on this board a long time ago, so i shouldn't be surprised that people here are talking about this.

Seriously, this shit is so far beneath us as humans, it is ridiculous that we're so easily distracted from the real issues, such as the one in the meme quoted above. i feel stupid for even coming in this thread. Whatever, taste went out the window on this board a long time ago, so i shouldn't be surprised that people here are talking about this.

to be fair, this thread was started in the interest of amusement before the whole thing happened.

-

i mostly find this topic of conversation hilarious, because so many "professional" journalists/reporters/anchors are dipping their toes in a section of pop culture that they could not be any more out of touch with.

my real problem is with people who are trying to turn this around saying "RAPE CULTURE BECAUSE BLURRED LINES.. WAKE UP PEOPLE THIS IS SEXIST"

blurred lines isn't about forcing yourself on an unwanting woman. it's about getting her to cheat on her man.

and in this performance... *especially in this performance*... miley played the part of the female character who was initiating every last bit of sexualized filth. he, fully clothed, just stood there while she, nearly naked, got all up on it.

• 2 weeks later...

that is a solid track.

and i think the video could actually be great if she weren't fellating a hammer throughout. beyond that and all the "hey have you seen me ass yet? because here it is", it actually provides a powerful visual.

but she's also just an impression of a rhianna/gaga hybrid at this point. 

not that i care to have that much of an opinion on the matter, but if she didnt do any of that twerking shit or put out this video before that, i think people would have been cool with this video.  twerking is just trashy and now that's her reputation.  but if this song comes from a personal place, the video is great for portraying that sentiment.  well, that is if you forget about the stroking and making out with the sledgehammer.  but that's just terry being a sleaze.