PO: GHOST - If You Have Ghost

Guest Secular Haze

Did you order at Hot Stuff or Bengans?

And yes, that is awesome, the refund thing!

Mine is coming straight from Ghost in the US and I got the refund.

Mine showed today! Black vinly. No "BC" because the name of the band isn't on the cover since the name is "If You Have GHOST" it's the song name, and they just used the logo for the word "Ghost". Pretty clever way to get around the legal bullshit. It even states in the credits songs are performed by "papa emeritus and a bunch of nameless ghouls" or something to that effect NOT saying Ghost.

I wonder if all future covers will be void of the name so to avoid that legal crap"? Maybe just stickers on the shrink wrap?

Clever, no doubt, but legal bullshit? I like (the Swedish) Ghost, but they used the name of a relatively well known 20+ year old Japanese experimental/folk band that has put out albums on a good size US indie label (Drag City). The law is doing the right thing here.

Hope this SQ is better than the last album. I didn't like the mix or master.

I've seen similar issues in the past been resolved with something like "Ghost (Japan)" and "Ghost (Sweden)" for legal purposes but the bands were allowed to still use their original names/logos on artwork. And seeing that both are relatively smaller acts, it seems workable between the 2 parties. I think most laws are BS outside of really basic don't kill/rape laws but I'm generally an anarchist at heart (real definition not romanticized punk crap) and this is NOT the forum for that fun topic.

Mine is coming straight from Ghost in the US and I got the refund.

Mine showed today! Black vinly. No "BC" because the name of the band isn't on the cover since the name is "If You Have GHOST" it's the song name, and they just used the logo for the word "Ghost". Pretty clever way to get around the legal bullshit. It even states in the credits songs are performed by "papa emeritus and a bunch of nameless ghouls" or something to that effect NOT saying Ghost.

I wonder if all future covers will be void of the name so to avoid that legal crap"? Maybe just stickers on the shrink wrap?

Check the spine of the 10'' cover jacket, do you see B.C. there? I picked up the CD at HMV and Ghost BC is written on the spine. Great EP, can't wait for my vinyl to show up.

Guest Secular Haze

Both my US black (pressing info not stated) and Euro black (limited to 1000) versions just arrived.  There are some minor differences:

- The barcode is different on each

- The Euro version did not come in shrink wrap

- The Euro outer sleeve has a larger Rise Above logo on the back

- The Euro outer sleeve also appears to be of higher quality (slightly thicker)

I hope this helps.

Guest Secular Haze

I clearly missed the most obvious difference between the two.  The font style, size and color of the "IF YOU HAVE" on the front.  That is a dead giveaway.