Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

I think collecting stoner/doom is the worst. I buy a blue note jazz record its 13 bucks, i buy dopelord record its 33. Ugh

Maybe you will feel better about your stoner/doom purchases if you start buying original pressings of jazz records  ;) .

Great site for jazz collecting- http://jazzcollector.com/

No shit dude! I just ordered the second pressing of BOTSC, and then 2nd Ave throws up that Electric Wizard S/T reissue! Hope there's some left tomorrow when I get some cash. Collecting is worse than a heroin addiction.

Electric Wizard S/T reissue...Amazon link...3 left (there was 8 last night when I ordered):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000INAWT8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Electric Wizard S/T reissue...Amazon link...3 left (there was 8 last night when I ordered):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000INAWT8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it this morning. Fucking stoked!

tMj8HKA.jpg

Although I saw a Earth primitive and deadly double lp limited to 1000 on colored wax I really wanted.

So I thought this EW S/T reissue was on black? Mines purple! Nice surprise.jx38I6Q.jpg

I did not get that e mail but are they randomly repressing that record?

Nope

I did, should I feel bad that I am confused what it is for?

Don't feel bad. It's another one of those "Hey guys, play a cover song off this album and we'll press it to vinyl," type things. It's similar to the Electric Ladyland redux they did.

It took me a million years to figure out what the email was trying to say.

Nope

Don't feel bad. It's another one of those "Hey guys, play a cover song off this album and we'll press it to vinyl," type things. It's similar to the Electric Ladyland redux they did.

It took me a million years to figure out what the email was trying to say.

That whole thing was kind of weird. I pledged money in November for something I can easily pre order today. I thought there would be a kickstarter only variant or something. I was told all black. I love the labels and I love jimi Hendrix, so I was getting it regardless, just seemed kind of pointless for me to have given money in November. I do think I saved a few bucks though!

That whole thing was kind of weird. I pledged money in November for something I can easily pre order today. I thought there would be a kickstarter only variant or something. I was told all black. I love the labels and I love jimi Hendrix, so I was getting it regardless, just seemed kind of pointless for me to have given money in November. I do think I saved a few bucks though!

I didn't do the kickstarter. I was on the fence about this whole tribute album thing and really don't understand the Helmet covers. I ended up buying the Hendrix one when there was a sale going on and I was full of beer.

I didn't do the kickstarter. I was on the fence about this whole tribute album thing and really don't understand the Helmet covers. I ended up buying the Hendrix one when there was a sale going on and I was full of beer.

I'm just not a "recorded covers album" kind of guy, I guess.

I can't get into these sort of releases.