Stoner/ Doom Metal Discussion Thread

Not stoner/doom related, but I just took a gamble on an elektra Master of Puppets on eBay. $25 ppd from a dude who doesn't seem like he normally sells records. Item description just said "excellent condition" and he had it rated as vg/vg, but from the photos the cover looked pretty minty and still had the shrink on, and the record itself just looked kind of dusty. Thinking the low rating might just be him being extra careful since he doesn't usually deal in vinyl.

The one thing I'm worried about is what could have been either a glare, or a small chip on the edge of the record itself that wouldn't make it to the groove. Pretty sure it was just a glare though. I was very specific on how he should ship it as well.

I know this is riveting... I'll keep you guys updated.

Not stoner/doom related, but I just took a gamble on an elektra Master of Puppets on eBay. $25 ppd from a dude who doesn't seem like he normally sells records. Item description just said "excellent condition" and he had it rated as vg/vg, but from the photos the cover looked pretty minty and still had the shrink on, and the record itself just looked kind of dusty. Thinking the low rating might just be him being extra careful since he doesn't usually deal in vinyl.

The one thing I'm worried about is what could have been either a glare, or a small chip on the edge of the record itself that wouldn't make it to the groove. Pretty sure it was just a glare though. I was very specific on how he should ship it as well.

One of my first records.

I went through my sister's record collection last year and pulled this out and a bunch of other related records. She didn't want to let go of it, but she didn't have a turntable, so the conversation was short. Glad she was buying this stuff back when it came out. I was buying punk records.

Good luck with your buy.

Since this is the only thread i post in im gonna share this here.

Im moving saturday so ive been going through clothes to donate. The last thing i got to was my band t shirts. In the end i pulled like 15 that i bought over 10 years ago when i was in high school going to shows that just will never fit anymore. Its a sad feeling because these are things i bought when i was first going to metal shows at like 14,15. It feels like my own end of an era...

Also a size large shirt back then is definitely not close to the same as a size large now.... Apparently we were all smaller back then...

Since this is the only thread i post in im gonna share this here.

Im moving saturday so ive been going through clothes to donate. The last thing i got to was my band t shirts. In the end i pulled like 15 that i bought over 10 years ago when i was in high school going to shows that just will never fit anymore. Its a sad feeling because these are things i bought when i was first going to metal shows at like 14,15. It feels like my own end of an era...

Also a size large shirt back then is definitely not close to the same as a size large now.... Apparently we were all smaller back then...

Did you donate them, ya bastard?

I didnt donate them yet. I was gonna pass along to some friends who could still rock them then maybe see if peope here have a desire. Its just crazy i have a large shirt i bought a month ago at the elder show i went to that fits just fine but my large dillinger escape plan shirt i bought in like 04 is so skin tight id have to lose like 30 lbs tl make it acceptable. Shouldnt be that much of a disparity between something like that.