Epitaph represses-HotTopic exclusives-NOFX/BadRelig/Souls/Rancid/Millencolin/Descendents/MotionCity

travis

Just got off the phone with my local store. They have copies of SLATFATS, Punk in Drublic, Ribbed (thank god, thought I missed it), and Eating Lamb, which I could have sworn was slated for next week. I'm gonna go pick up what I can.

The Hot Topic webstore is not letting me access/modify my cart, which makes me think Punk in Drublic is now sold out online and giving me an error. Or maybe it's that I had $1,800 worth of records in my cart. Either one.

Just got off the phone with my local store. They have copies of SLATFATS, Punk in Drublic, Ribbed (thank god, thought I missed it), and Eating Lamb, which I could have sworn was slated for next week. I'm gonna go pick up what I can.

Not trying to be a dick here but this has bugged me a couple times already.

You do know its called Heavy Petting Zoo and not Eating Lamb, right?

edit: nevermind, just investigated and saw the LP version is called Eating Lamb, never knew that. Carry on.

Not trying to be a dick here but this has bugged me a couple times already.

You do know its called Heavy Petting Zoo and not Eating Lamb, right?

edit: nevermind, just investigated and saw the LP version is called Eating Lamb, never knew that. Carry on.

Right-o, the cover art is a little different as well. I got confused when I found the CD version the other day.

On a lighter note, the brown SLATFATS does look really cool. I was hoping for translucent pink on Punk in Drublic, though. Oh well.

The translucent brown SLATFATS looks rad.

It looks sweet. I try to stay with one variant per. but some of theses look so good. If the indie store SLATFATS is too similar to the 09 I might switch out to this one. 

Edit: A few web stores are now calling BR - Generator on opaque green and Rancid - ...and out come the wolves on white RSD releases. 

forgot about all the Rancid represses and went into my local HT and saw both Life Won't Wait and Out Come the Wolves :o need to go back once I get paid. two albums from my teenage years that will always have a place in my heart as being just the coolest. Still bummed I missed Pennybridge Pioneers! Was hoping to find that there but, to my dismay, not my lucky day =\ Still remember jamming to 'No Cigar' on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2...ahhhh the good ol' days

forgot about all the Rancid represses and went into my local HT and saw both Life Won't Wait and Out Come the Wolves :o need to go back once I get paid. two albums from my teenage years that will always have a place in my heart as being just the coolest. Still bummed I missed Pennybridge Pioneers! Was hoping to find that there but, to my dismay, not my lucky day =\ Still remember jamming to 'No Cigar' on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2...ahhhh the good ol' days

That hasnt hit HT stores yet

I managed to get Ribbed, SLATFATS, and my store's last copy of Punk in Drublic (score!). I took a pass on Eating Lamb this time around, because I'm sure they're not going to sell their copies too quickly.

The brown on SLATFATS looks even better in person. Travis, do you think the next variant of that LP will be like a cream/white color, so it can match the cover art like the brown one and the pink marbled one that's already out?

My copy of Ribbed has a very small bit of pink in it, which I think is cool. Not nearly as cool as the person who got those pink splotches in their Bouncing Souls record, but still cool.  B)

Punk in Drublic looks good, but it just doesn't seem to work with the cover art in my opinion. Not sure if translucent pink would have been any better, but that's what I would have liked - maybe next time! The marbling does look very good, at least. Whoever presses these (Rainbo?) does a great job. Bummed that my copy didn't come with an insert, but my other two LPs did - anyone else get Punk in Drublic without an insert?

I managed to get Ribbed, SLATFATS, and my store's last copy of Punk in Drublic (score!). I took a pass on Eating Lamb this time around, because I'm sure they're not going to sell their copies too quickly.

The brown on SLATFATS looks even better in person. Travis, do you think the next variant of that LP will be like a cream/white color, so it can match the cover art like the brown one and the pink marbled one that's already out?

My copy of Ribbed has a very small bit of pink in it, which I think is cool. Not nearly as cool as the person who got those pink splotches in their Bouncing Souls record, but still cool.  B)

Punk in Drublic looks good, but it just doesn't seem to work with the cover art in my opinion. Not sure if translucent pink would have been any better, but that's what I would have liked - maybe next time! The marbling does look very good, at least. Whoever presses these (Rainbo?) does a great job. Bummed that my copy didn't come with an insert, but my other two LPs did - anyone else get Punk in Drublic without an insert?

slatfats..epitaph pressed it on "tan" a few years back. basically the vanilla color. would be cool for a repress of that. i preferred the pink press though

slatfats..epitaph pressed it on "tan" a few years back. basically the vanilla color. would be cool for a repress of that. i preferred the pink press though

Ah, cool. I had seen it on Discogs, but there are no pictures of the vinyl so I couldn't tell if that was what that was supposed to be. Apparently there are both marbled and translucent pink presses.

PID doesn't have inserts if I recall correctly.

Huh, I thought it did. You're probably right. I'll check my other copy when I'm done playing the new pink one.

Did we get clarification on if out come the wolves and hopeless romantic are the same colors as previously released? Aoctw is on red and hopeless on orange. Both were released on those colors a few years back correct?

I'm no authority on this, but I would guess that if they were opaque before, they will be transparent this time - or the other way around. Ribbed was put out on trans red vinyl in 2010(?) and then on opaque red this year, as the indie store variant. Don't take my word for it, but that's what I am assuming.

Oh, cool, would that be the "tan" one then? Looks good with the cover.

Yep!

Did we get clarification on if out come the wolves and hopeless romantic are the same colors as previously released? Aoctw is on red and hopeless on orange. Both were released on those colors a few years back correct?

I think with the pattern Epitaph has right now the vinyl represses of similar colors has alternated this round from opaque to translucent or vise versa.

This is the new press of Hopeless Romantic via HT.com (Opaque)

Can't post pic. Heres a link: http://hottopic.scene7.com/is/image/HotTopic/10174315_av1?wid=1360

This is the one a few years back (Translucent)

234927_large.jpg?1312063498

I do like the opaque better, but not that price tag. So I'll stick with what I got.

After a second look, I really dig this copy of Ribbed - it's probably the coolest out of my four. It's not actually all that transparent, it's got like a milky, wavy haze all around it plus that small pink smudge. I'm not sure if it's a transition copy or what, but it doesn't look like the other ones I've seen in pictures. Kinda cool to watch it spin on the table.

Also, I had almost forgotten how good "Just the Flu" is. What a killer song.

EDIT: Punk in Drublic is sold out in the webstore. Ribbed is down to 42 copies, and SLATFATS is at 22.

I'm no authority on this, but I would guess that if they were opaque before, they will be transparent this time - or the other way around. Ribbed was put out on trans red vinyl in 2010(?) and then on opaque red this year, as the indie store variant. Don't take my word for it, but that's what I am assuming.

The AOCTW the from like 5 years ago was transparent. I'm not a variant collector anymore, but I'm a Rancid completist. I hope this re-press is identical so I don't have to spend more money and will pass on it.

Confused. So is Descendents everything sucks only available through KRM right now?

SRC has some copies up yesterday of the orange pressing, which will also be available at record stores.   I think it was /750.

Hot Topic is selling the purple pressing (again, /750) which I believe is currently scheduled to be released around 4/8 online and in stores.  

KRM's Descedents store shows a black pressing that has been OOS for a while.