Paramore - All We Know Is Falling LP light teal vinyl Hot Topic exclusive

travis

Just buy whatever records you want and ignore the people just trying to give you a hard time. The more you keep responding to stuff like that the more they will pile on.

Thanks, Travis! That's all I'm trying to do, haha. It's just annoying though, naturally. Can't help wanting to respond to that kind of stuff with your 2 cents sometimes...

Huum.... I'm getting the feeling this ZayZay character is someone who is widely disliked in this community, and for that reason I'm feeling a bit ostracized here. But, if that's your goal.. congratulations! This has been a verrrry warm and pleasant welcome, lol. 

Zay was either one of the greatest trolls ever to lurk beneath the internet or a young man who had 100% confidence in the correctness of everything he thought and did and 0% awareness of when he was being ridiculed. This makes him very, very popular in a place like this. Other than both being Paramore fans, you appear to have nothing in common with him. You're giving coherent, reasoned responses to people's posts and seem willing to listen to the bits of posts that contain genuinely useful information.

So it doesn't sound like I'm an old git hitting on you, I think Paramore are just another iteration of the bland, soulless homeopathic punk that has been around since angst met the mainstream. I can see why young people listen to it though; no-one on this board was born with their current flawless tastes in music. I had to go through my Def Leppard phase to arrive where I am now and I credit this board with opening my ears to lots of lovely post-rock that would otherwise have passed me by. I suspect that in a number of years Paramore will still have a warm spot in your heart, but you won't actually listen to them anymore. That's why you need to look after their records. There will always be Zay Zays out there willing to pay you a weeks wages for them because even though it's ten or fifteen years later, they are still completely hatstand!

Or you're another skilled troll and I've been suckered.

Zay was either one of the greatest trolls ever to lurk beneath the internet or a young man who had 100% confidence in the correctness of everything he thought and did and 0% awareness of when he was being ridiculed. This makes him very, very popular in a place like this. Other than both being Paramore fans, you appear to have nothing in common with him. You're giving coherent, reasoned responses to people's posts and seem willing to listen to the bits of posts that contain genuinely useful information.

So it doesn't sound like I'm an old git hitting on you, I think Paramore are just another iteration of the bland, soulless homeopathic punk that has been around since angst met the mainstream. I can see why young people listen to it though; no-one on this board was born with their current flawless tastes in music. I had to go through my Def Leppard phase to arrive where I am now and I credit this board with opening my ears to lots of lovely post-rock that would otherwise have passed me by. I suspect that in a number of years Paramore will still have a warm spot in your heart, but you won't actually listen to them anymore. That's why you need to look after their records. There will always be Zay Zays out there willing to pay you a weeks wages for them because even though it's ten or fifteen years later, they are still completely hatstand!

Or you're another skilled troll and I've been suckered.

Yeah, I looked up his profile and was genuinely confused as to whether or not he was being serious. Haha. But, thank you! :)

I think everyone has their opinion on what's bland or no good. I mean, I love Paramore. I think they write solid tunes, have a lot of high-energy, and really stand out as far as being a very successful mainstream female-fronted rock band. There haven't been many (that I can think of, correct me if I'm wrong) since early No Doubt, really. Every female-fronted band that comes anywhere near pop/punk these days is almost immediately compared to Paramore, and that makes me feel like they've left their mark on the industry/music world. 

Even though I really enjoy their music, they're not my absolute favorite band or anything. (Even though I'm on a major Paramore kick right now...) Green Day was originally my favorite band for the longest time, until I actually started getting curious about other bands in and outside of that genre. Granted.. it was 2005, I was 11, and American Idiot was the album that got me into them. Hence, why the next two bands I really latched onto were Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco. 

I completely understand what you're saying about a band still having a place in your heart down the road.. but, not exactly listening to them all the time anymore. That's where I'm at with Green Day. I still love them, but they were like a gateway band for me that opened my eyes and helped me discover what I love today. As for right now, at 21, I can confidently say with 0% shame that Fall Out Boy is my favorite band at the moment. Stylistically I love a lot of Jazz, R&B and Funk now, and Patrick Stump is just oozing with soul and has some background in that stuff. Which they incorporated on their albums Infinity On High and Folie a Deux.. but, somehow still managing to include those pop/punk elements that I love. So, yeah. As long as they continue to make music I genuinely enjoy.. I think I'll always love them, at least.

Oh, and I can assure you that I am not a skilled troll. If I ever sounded dumb on here, it's because I was simply uninformed. Haha. 

i can't believe this thread is still being bumped

SAME, BUT HERE I AM. TWICE. 

i never understood the whole "real setups are too expensive" argument. those people could have just saved up money for an additional month or two and bought something better. or at least laid off on buying expensive records to save up.

This. I've posted before but my set-up costed me nothing. I asked everyone to chip in (mom, sister, brother, grandpa, ex stepdad...the works) and get me a decent set-up for Christmas. They got the speakers/receiver from a friend and then pitched in for an Orbit Plus. For a beginner set-up, it's a total dream.

Anyhoo. Welcome aboard ibrittanybutler. You'll find that the longer you stick around, your musical tastes and horizons will expand.

Don't take some of the initial "hazing" personal. Happens to every new person around here.

Don't lie, Juan. I was a perfect angel in the beginning (beginning being the keyword.) 

I CAN see where Brittany is coming from though. When I first started collecting, it was because I found the last copy of Take This To Your Grave in Hot Topic. I figured that I would just collect albums that impacted me most and hell, I was even totally eyeing up a floral Crosley. I signed up here to purchase a record off Croft (I always mention this when I see him...just ask Allison) and learned a whole lot. So yes, a little under a year ago, 18 records would have seemed like a lot to me and maybe even nearing 'completion'...though I think my list was more like 50? However, this community did help me grow a lot and realize what is so awesome about collecting records. They also talked me out of that Crosley so fast and I've never been happier with a decision. 

Learn the ropes around here, read up on some record FAQ, and you'll seriously love your collection (and us!) so much more. For real, girl. 

Also, you have a really pretty voice. 

PRINCESS EAT DIRT MOON CACTUS POUT, OUT!

SAME, BUT HERE I AM. TWICE.

This. I've posted before but my set-up costed me nothing. I asked everyone to chip in (mom, sister, brother, grandpa, ex stepdad...the works) and get me a decent set-up for Christmas. They got the speakers/receiver from a friend and then pitched in for an Orbit Plus. For a beginner set-up, it's a total dream.

Don't lie, Juan. I was a perfect angel in the beginning (beginning being the keyword.)

I CAN see where Brittany is coming from though. When I first started collecting, it was because I found the last copy of Take This To Your Grave in Hot Topic. I figured that I would just collect albums that impacted me most and hell, I was even totally eyeing up a floral Crosley. I signed up here to purchase a record off Croft (I always mention this when I see him...just ask Allison) and learned a whole lot. So yes, a little under a year ago, 18 records would have seemed like a lot to me and maybe even nearing 'completion'...though I think my list was more like 50? However, this community did help me grow a lot and realize what is so awesome about collecting records. They also talked me out of that Crosley so fast and I've never been happier with a decision.

Learn the ropes around here, read up on some record FAQ, and you'll seriously love your collection (and us!) so much more. For real, girl.

Also, you have a really pretty voice.

PRINCESS EAT DIRT MOON CACTUS POUT, OUT!

You seem very nice. :) As far as the setup thing goes.. Collecting records isn't my #1 hobby. I've spent so much on equipment for my music and photography over the years. Having an awesome setup isn't exactly a priority at this time for me. Somewhere down the line I will most likely upgrade. But, my $99 Crosley Cruiser of Death will have to do for now.

I appreciate you trying to see where I'm coming from here! When I say my collection is nearing "completion" I just mean the list of albums I would really like to own above all else right now. And, it happens to be a short list I guess.

As a side note - I downloaded Paramore's self titled album from iTunes when it was released. I put it on my iPod but never actually ended up listening to it. It wasn't until I decided to randomly pick it up on vinyl one day that I just chilled in my room and devoted my time to listening. Now, I know practically every word to every track, listen to my copy often and really enjoy/appreciate the record! I don't know if I ever would've gotten around to it had I not bought a physical copy. It just doesn't feel like I "own" an album without being able to hold it in my hands. (Which is why I'm only focused on owning the albums I already love at the moment!)

And, aw! Thank you by the way!!! :D

Wheres shitty rambo with a lock when you need him? oh yeah -- i forgot -- he is not willing to do his job and help where a mod is needed whenever i ask. but lets be real,  isnt locking shit like this what he gets off on?

maybe im being a bitter old man, but.....seriously, this discussion is nothing about the topic in the title anymore. 

Wheres shitty rambo with a lock when you need him? oh yeah -- i forgot -- he is not willing to do his job and help where a mod is needed whenever i ask. but lets be real, isnt locking shit like this what he gets off on?

maybe im being a bitter old man, but.....seriously, this discussion is nothing about the topic in the title anymore.

Bitter old man...or you're drunk! This sounds like a drunk rant post :D

Well, that's no way to spend your time. This is about music. You should be happy I'm even interested in owning some vinyl. There shouldn't be all these "rules" and you shouldn't just mock people simply because they're not as "educated" or as into collecting vinyl as you are.

Anyway, shameless plug. Since I've brought it up.. You should check out some of my covers and whatnot, haha.

http://youtu.be/2m-DAAbfJeg

Oh I know you - I saw your Panic! Medly on youtube awhile back. Really good. Anyways, like other people have been saying on here - do what you want with your records because they are yours. HOWEVER, this forum is pretty full of laughs so I wouldn't get too offended. At the end of the day - it is like anything else you own - you want to take good care of it because they are your belongings and unfortunately that means getting a better setup so you can actually enjoy the vinyl that you own. It's worth the extra 200-300 dollars considering it saves money in the longrun. Not to mention, part of any hobby is research - especially when you are buying something as expensive as a record player. So I think that's part of why some people get irritated on here.