What keeps you from buying vinyl?

It seems like a lot of people drop A LOT of cash on records here. I want to know what other circumstances or costs make you cut back/take a break from buying vinyl, even if it isn't especially effecting you right now.

My girlfriend's birthday is May 5th and prom is less than two weeks after that (I don't want to go but it's important to her so it's worth it), so I'm taking a break from buying vinyl for about a month to make sure I can afford all these things. It's kind of a bummer. I really REALLY hope that neither The Alchemy Index nor They Make Beer Commercials like this come out within this time frame :(.

I try to pace myself but it doesn't really work. My credit card has $2,000 limit, which is pretty fucking dangerous, but thankfully I haven't had any trouble with that so far and pay it off completely every month.

Also, I've slowly been selling off my cd collection to this local used cd store. They buy them for $4-5 a pop and I have about 125 cds to go.

Guest genericinsight
Sometimes I take a break from buying vinyl if there are other bills or unexpected expenses that come up. Plus there are times when none of the bands I'm into release anything so it works itself out for me.

yeah, that's basically what I'm doing right now. Not a whole lot of stuff I've been interested in buying lately, which is probably better for my wallet.

I cycle through my other hobbies (funny books, toys, etc.). I'm happy to be in a rekkids phase right now. So when I feel I've spent enough, I save up and go for other hobbies.

for me its either vinyl, or thinking about my engine swap I'm gonna do in my civic this summer.

But if stuff comes up I need to buy, I buy it. the end! And if I didn't have money to buy it, I sell stuff!

I usually buy like 3-4 records at once, it will probably take a little over 2 weeks for all of them to arrive, then I buy another 3-4.

So it doesn't work out as being too expensive. I probably spend about £50 on vinyl a month, and I've seen people on here say they spend hundreds.

Plus in the Summer, when I'm at home I will work like 35 hours a week, plus there will be no rent/bills as I will be back at my Mummy and Daddys mwahahahahhaahaha!

the thing that keeps me from buying vinyl is a picture of my 3 year old daughter on my work desk...if it wasn't for her, and her future that i'm responsible for, i'd have a much larger collection...so i'm extremely picky when buying...it goes without saying that she's more important, and hopefully she'll dig the records i'm buying now so she can inherit the collection...

i know she loves that juno soundtrack!

Guest baseball

Just whatever bills are floating around. I bought a ton of vinyl last year because I didn't really have many out-of-the-ordinary bills.

Haven't bought much this year at all due to many thousands of dollars going towards stuff like an engagement ring, repairs to my car, moving into a new place, dental surgery for my dog, etc.

Luckily, there hasn't been a ton of stuff coming out this year that I've been into.