Official Fantasy Football Advice

seangj

There was fantasy football before there were sites that did all the calculations for you. You could just track win/loss in a spreadsheet. That's what I would do as a commish.

the biggest problem we ran into was that we couldn't pin down exactly what everyone's schedule/record was before the fuck up. we were close, but not close enough.

Generating a new schedule would be preferable in my opinion to just playing based on points but whatever -- at least you salvaged a season out of it.

My league has 3 divisions of 4 people so it would have been fairly easy to figure out. You play your division rivals twice and everyone else once. Wouldn't know the exact schedule every week but would have known who still needed to play who.

• 2 weeks later...

who made the playoffs.  i had it locked for the last couple weeks but my team is not looking good coming down the stretch.  freeman and charcandrick getting hurt doesn't help and  lacy/cobb have been complete busts too.

i'm trying to figure out my lineup.

1.  My QB is Tannehill vs. NYG.  Do i pick up a Fitzpatrick vs. TEN or Tyrod Taylor vs. PHI and play either of them week 14?

2.  also my flex is a mess.  who you rolling with

my current lineup

QB - Tannehill or the two mentioned above.

RB - Freeman and Miller

WR - Jeffrey and M. Bryant

TE - Olsen

K - Barth

Def - SEA

Potential Flex players - RB - Charcandrick, J. allen and Lacy.  WR - Cooks, Amendola and Cobb.

My league has one more week until playoffs, but I'm sitting at 10-3 with everyone else at least two games behind, so I've already clinched the #1 seed. Here's the lineup I'm rolling with to close our regular season:

QB: Cam Newton

RB1: LeSean McCoy

RB2: David Johnson

WR1: Calvin Johnson

WR2: Martavis Bryant

TE: Gary Barnidge

Flex: Devonta Freeman

D/ST: Carolina Panthers

K: Chandler Catanzaro

Bench: Gurley, Doug Baldwin, Richard Rodgers, Shaun Draughn, Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Philip Rivers

My current lineup killed it last week

QB- B. Roethlisberger

WR- A. Robinson

WR- M. Bryant

WR- D. Baldwin

RB- T. Rawls

RB- D. Williams

TE- B. Watson

K- R. Gould

D- KC

We have a couple of weeks before playoffs and my league is lookin pretty close

Dang, that is a killer team. I don't see how you can't win your league with that. 

hurns is coming off an injurey right? who is Reed? can't think unless you can play TE at flex.

it's hard to say west because he might sit on my bench but thats who i would lean towards...haha

Had Reed. Talked myself into Hurns. Then switched to West at the last minute. So, yeah, things are going great.

Had Reed. Talked myself into Hurns. Then switched to West at the last minute. So, yeah, things are going great.

damn that sucks dude.  hopefully the rest of your team made up for that.

it was west or lacy for me and i kept lacy in hoping he had something to prove.  the rest of my team shit the bed though.  i should be alright.  i am down 16 with tannehill and miller to go.