What Stupid/Weird/Fucked Up Shit Happens In Your Town?

So NOLA is famous for bounce music, our organically grown blend of southern rap and Mardi Gras call & response chanting. But we also have several drag queen rappers who are insanely popular. This is what we do here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpTVhsnV_HE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cT6SwFIHA

Alright, so… This guy who goes by GBB the MC is from a small town suburb of my hometown (Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada). My hometown is one of Canada's only bi-lingual cities in both English and French and has a large Acadian population that speak a french dialect called "chiac." This guy is 100% serious - I've actually seen him around town before, he's insanely bad and I don't think he makes music anymore, but I could be wrong.

http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/Gbb  - CBC artist bio.

snow in winter, yes lol. and yeah the skybridge is a cool place to go when youve got nothing to do. also downtown davenport in general has a couple nice places. ragged records is there, along with the RME (venue) and multiple bars, zip across the river and youve got rock island which has the rozz tox (great little venue/coffee shop) and then go upriver again and youve got moline, (iwireless center, and a bunch of great bars)

I went to college in the Quad Cities (Augustana) and enjoyed my time there (2000-2004), although all I really miss are restaurants: Huckleberry's Pizza, the Blue Cat Brew Pub, Ross' (home of the fucking Magic Mountain!), Arthur's Deli, Whitey's Ice Cream... I drool just thinking about that stuff.

I don't recall Ragged Records existing back when I was there, same goes for that venue you mentioned. The only places that did shows back then were Peabody's (there were two of them, one in Moline and one in Davenport) and the Eagles Reception Hall in downtown Rock Island. There was also a DIY space that did shows my freshman year of college, called the 620 Collective or something, which was pretty neat, but it went away seemingly as fast as it showed up. I saw most of my shows in college by driving an hour west to Iowa City. Gabe's Oasis was my jam.

I went to college in the Quad Cities (Augustana) and enjoyed my time there (2000-2004), although all I really miss are restaurants: Huckleberry's Pizza, the Blue Cat Brew Pub, Ross' (home of the fucking Magic Mountain!), Arthur's Deli, Whitey's Ice Cream... I drool just thinking about that stuff.

I don't recall Ragged Records existing back when I was there, same goes for that venue you mentioned. The only places that did shows back then were Peabody's (there were two of them, one in Moline and one in Davenport) and the Eagles Reception Hall in downtown Rock Island. There was also a DIY space that did shows my freshman year of college, called the 620 Collective or something, which was pretty neat, but it went away seemingly as fast as it showed up. I saw most of my shows in college by driving an hour west to Iowa City. Gabe's Oasis was my jam.

never went to any mallards games? especially in 2000-2001? they were AMAZING back then

never went to any mallards games? especially in 2000-2001? they were AMAZING back then

I went to a couple over my time there, generally when they were playing the Ice Hogs (who are my hometown team, I'm from Rockford).

I dunno how old/young you are, but I also worked on the Dwyer & Michaels show for a little bit back in 2003. You might remember them, they were the most popular morning show in the area.

I went to a couple over my time there, generally when they were playing the Ice Hogs (who are my hometown team, I'm from Rockford).

I dunno how old/young you are, but I also worked on the Dwyer & Michaels show for a little bit back in 2003. You might remember them, they were the most popular morning show in the area.

theyre actually still doing the morning show thing. im not really that old (going to turn 20 in january) but im old enough to remember the glory days of the mallards and then when dwyer and michaels used to be on 106.5

theyre actually still doing the morning show thing. im not really that old (going to turn 20 in january) but im old enough to remember the glory days of the mallards and then when dwyer and michaels used to be on 106.5

Yeah, that's when I was working for them, when they were on Q106. I know they left for a few years to Cedar Rapids or something, but I guess they came back? Dwyer was a pretty okay dude; Michaels was a dick.

Alright, so… This guy who goes by GBB the MC is from a small town suburb of my hometown (Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada). My hometown is one of Canada's only bi-lingual cities in both English and French and has a large Acadian population that speak a french dialect called "chiac." This guy is 100% serious - I've actually seen him around town before, he's insanely bad and I don't think he makes music anymore, but I could be wrong.

http://music.cbc.ca/#/artists/Gbb  - CBC artist bio.

Boner Bill!