Straylight Run + Comeback Kid represses from Victory

Would like to see a Victory thread without the bleeding heart stuff. Welcome to the music industry. Everything is unregulated and shady business practices are employed by labels everywhere.

If you like this album, then buy it.

well that's just not true but okay.  I feel much better giving my money to labels like Deathwish, Topshelf, Tiny Engines, No Sleep, Equal Vision, Hopeless etc a lot a lot a lot more than Tony Brummell and his thuggery

well that's just not true but okay. I feel much better giving my money to labels like Deathwish, Topshelf, Tiny Engines, No Sleep, Equal Vision, Hopeless etc a lot a lot a lot more than Tony Brummell and his thuggery

Yeah it's really tough to stomach doing especially since Victory Records' scumbag nature is so public. Totally syked these are shipping already on a brighter note!

well that's just not true but okay.  I feel much better giving my money to labels like Deathwish, Topshelf, Tiny Engines, No Sleep, Equal Vision, Hopeless etc a lot a lot a lot more than Tony Brummell and his thuggery

Definitely. It's better to support those who go about business in an honest way and the labels you mentioned are awesome examples.

All I'm saying is victory bashing was overcooked like 6 years ago. We know tony is an asshole and neyo in front of hawthorne heights or whatever.. You work at a place that stocks victory releases. Does it really irk you that much?

Definitely. It's better to support those who go about business in an honest way and the labels you mentioned are awesome examples.

All I'm saying is victory bashing was overcooked like 6 years ago. We know tony is an asshole and neyo in front of hawthorne heights or whatever.. You work at a place that stocks victory releases. Does it really irk you that much?

it bothers me to stock them but it's not my money and kids are demanding TBS and Thursday records etc - I can't personally control what someone else buys but I can control what I buy.  

it bothers me to stock them but it's not my money and kids are demanding TBS and Thursday records etc - I can't personally control what someone else buys but I can control what I buy.  

Welp, kudos to you for the self control. Personally, I can't keep myself from buying albums from Victory. I need this stuff on vinyl so, so bad.

Now that they repressed Wake the Dead I only really want Silverstein's first album from the Victory catalogue. Needs to happen sooner than later.

i personally have never had a problem with victory. i love their bands, and theyve always done good by me. the old tv show victorV was a great marketing tool that fans loved. (speaking for myself of course.) the free dvds in almost every CD from 2003-2009 were cool as fuck. I know they have awful business practice, and i will never buy things that i know bands are getting dicked over on 100% like the streetlight records, but if its a record i really want i have no problem throwing victory some money. their pressings are good quality and they have cheap shipping to canada which makes it even easier to forgive them and buy their records.

on the subject, this is an interesting read. for all 2 of you who dont know the story of Tony. http://masochistian.blogspot.ca/2009/07/fuck-your-life-vol-1.html

It's going to be pressed sooner or later.

You think? I heard rumors(on here I believe) of some Silverstein/Victory feud getting in the way of this repress. No idea how true or untrue that is.

It is definitely strange how overdue that one is seeing as how Victory just cycles through the catalog over and over.

You think? I heard rumors(on here I believe) of some Silverstein/Victory feud getting in the way of this repress. No idea how true or untrue that is.

It is definitely strange how overdue that one is seeing as how Victory just cycles through the catalog over and over.

I have to believe that it would be a goldmine. Silverstein is so overdue for a box set. Maybe when/if another album is released on Victory?

Also, that was their best album, with Shipwreck in the Sand close after.

I went into my local Hot Topic yesterday hoping to pick up a copy. They didn't have it, so for the same price I just ordered the royal blue version from Victory.