Getting Doug With High

I've watched every episode so far. Some moments are rather awkward, all in all it's pretty decent though, I'll prob check out new eps as they roll out. Kinda feels like hanging out, only not. You gotta keep in mind it's hi-grade shit they are smoking. Sometimes you get those awkward moments, for sure.

Out of everyone on the show I think I would have the most fun getting high with Doug, Todd Glass, Greg Proops, Jenny Slate, Alia Shawkat, and James Adomian. Being in a pot circle with those cats seems like a fun time.

Adomian seems like kind of a n00b, holding the lighter on the weed but not really taking a rip after it's lit. I prefer to watch them smoke joints than pipes or bongs because so many hits they are just sucking butane, gross.  Supposed to light the lighter and then just dab the tip of the flame on the weed, once it catches, you take it away and let it burn off it's own embers. Adomian kept attempting to hit the pipe without the choke plugged and getting nothing. But he would still be fun to get high with cause his voices make me shit.

Jeselnik seems to handle his high very well, I've always thought he was one of the funniest comedians going right now. I don't know how fun it would be to get high with him though, I would probably die laughing. Jeff Ross takes too many digs to seem like he'd be fun to get high with... probably really funny at first and then just gets old. Sarah Silverman's humor is not really good pot circle humor. The way she acts, you never know what she's actually thinking and that's off-putting. Eric Andre is that guy who can't handle a trip cause he psyches himself out, but he's still a funny dude and overall, bearable. Aubrey Plaza had to be the worst guest by far, she basically sat there being a bum-out for the first half, barely partaking, while Doug and Alia try to keep it lively. Then once the topic of conversation shifts to her, it's just stuck there. I thought her characters were an act, but she seems like she's actually a total stick in the mud in real life. Or maybe she just has chronic BRF. She actually smiled, like, once, maybe twice.

Jenny Slate is so damn cute and seems like she enjoys it and would be a pleasure to be around, same with Alia, they seem like they are comfortable with it and it's a good vibe. Greg Proops is a goddamn seasoned vet, I was impressed. Todd Glass I thought was awesome, the kinda dude you can bake and discuss ideas with (until your train of thought gets derailed and then you just roll with it). All the solid (IMO) guests were the ones who seemed to be actually hitting it. The others just seemed to be hanging out while weed was passed around.

Doug is in it to have a good time and it irks me when people act coldly towards him. C'mon man, he's giving out all the hi-grade they can smoke!

Trying to think of who would be a good future guest, just for fun. They have to get Brian Posehn, he's hilarious and he's been mentioned at least twice. Hannibal Buress is hilarious, I dunno if he blazes but they should have him if he'll do it. Maybe Jon Dore I bet he blazes... I dunno who else, trying to think more of comedians, dunno how many actors would go on. It's hard to tell which comedians blaze, seems like comedians have tons in common with musicians, touring, on the road a lot, marijuana use common amongst them, keeps you out of trouble compared to booze and hard drugs. Maybe he should bring some musicians on. Could end up a total disaster since actors and comedians are trained in improv but I think I prefer when it's like a pot-circle/conversation/feels like hanging out, than when it's like 2 comedians trying to be funny while high.

• 2 weeks later...

No offense, but I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to people eat.

None taken, but they don't just eat. They talk about lots of random stuff. The one I listened to had Paul Scheer from The League and they talked about his The ArScheerio Paul Show. Then they had some chef on that talked about appetizers. They weren't eating the whole time and I wouldn't say food was the primary theme either. It's Doug Benson. It's random, funny and entertaining.  

Ok I listened to more Dining with Doug and Karen and food is definitely the primary theme. I love food so this is right up my alley. 

Three words... Joey Coco Diaz. That guy is a Cheetah. He's the real deal. :)  I really liked this one. He got after it and brought some of his own little goodies to share. I definitely think more of the guests should bring some of their favorite things to eat, smoke, etc.  Also, where can I find that little frog roach clip? I want one in my stocking this year.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...