100 CDs/$30 - doubles?!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with mr. peabottom on this one. Yes, it was an insane deal. I didn't get in on it because I have nowhere to put 100 more CDs, but I did think about it for a bit. I would be confused/annoyed if I did buy it and ended up with a bunch of doubles, regardless of price. I don't think he's saying he got ripped off, I think he's trying to see if anyone else is in the same situation as him and he's disappointed because he feels he didn't get exactly what he paid for, despite how reasonable that price was. He paid for something, didn't get it. Case closed.

All the people who are calling him out as a whiner, I've read your rants when you get a Thursday record in the mail with a speck of dust on it or when you get a record with a slightly dinged corner. This is the same thing. He paid for something, doesn't feel he got what he paid for. So why doesn't everybody shut up (including me) and let this thread die.

Oh, and Scott, here you go:

[image]

look, the problem isn't the fact that you got doubles. The problem is that you are being a dick about it. If you had a complaint you should have gone to Virgil about it, like he said. Instead, you put a post on this message board to announce the fact that you got "screwed over" in an attempt to make Virgil look like a bad guy, whether indirectly or not. It was a completely self serving post, completely unnecessary and served no purpose. You got hooked up with a sweet deal, you are ungrateful about it and you are now bitching about it because of some perceived error. It makes no sense.

look, the problem isn't the fact that you got doubles. The problem is that you are being a dick about it. If you had a complaint you should have gone to Virgil about it, like he said. Instead, you put a post on this message board to announce the fact that you got "screwed over" in an attempt to make Virgil look like a bad guy, whether indirectly or not. It was a completely self serving post, completely unnecessary and served no purpose. You got hooked up with a sweet deal, you are ungrateful about it and you are now bitching about it because of some perceived error. It makes no sense.

learn to fucking read. that's all i'm gonna say.

if you can figure out how to read, but you still can't figure out why you're wrong - then good luck in your future endeavors.

i'll apologize in advance for the double post, but i'm feeling just frisky enough to have fun with this.

here's my first post:

did anyone else get a crapload of doubles. i got 3 copies of one of the CDs. i got 2 copies of 17 others. one of the doubles is a compilation!

i only got 81 unique CDs.

i was simply asking a question. from the answers i got (and if you had read the thread, you'd know this, too), i'm in the minority (perhaps one of two guys) who got so many doubles.

first response:

I got a few doubles, nothing major tough.

I got one of those Rev samplers though....haha.

Still well worth $40.

i didn't get a few doubles. i got, more or less, two identical boxes out of four.

after hearing about what a bitch i was a few more times, i posted this:

even if you're a fanboy for a band, what are you supposed to do with three copies of it?

yes, i'm complaining. this deal wasn't what it was advertised to be.

EDIT: i would've preferred more compilations over doubles (even a triple) of the same discs. compilations would've been cheaper to let go.

sure, it was a letdown. sure, i was bummed.

regardless, i even tried to joke about it:

this shit is mad real. now, i gotta go to TWO stores to sell these!

that didn't work.

then someone asked if it was supposed to be 100 unique CDs. that's what i was getting at with the post. i had wanted to see if everyone else got so many doubles. i wanted to know this before i e-mailed virgil so i didn't bug him unnecessarily.

so virgil said:

Did Virgil say it would be 100 unique CDs?

we meant for it to be 100 unique cds, but we had 4 different tables working on the sales and my guess is that he got 2 of the same boxes instead of 3 boxes.

seriously, email me and if you have the time to make a list of what you got, I will send you 20 more cds.

this sale was the hardest thing, but instead of complaining on the board about it, just email me. fuck man.

so there you have it. i did not get what i was supposed to get.

i even posted this as further explanation:

that falcon cd kicks ass. so does anything digger. the fireside bowl cd's are boots, which kinda sucks, but still decent bands. nobodys are good, as are pinhead, queers, travoltas, and independents. if i got those ones, i'll be quite happy for $30.

trust me. i'm happy with a lot of the stuff. i expected to get a lot of stuff i'd like, a lot of stuff i was indifferent about, and a lot of stuff i'd never buy. i was also hoping to be able to check out a ton of bands i hadn't heard. i now know i missed out on a quarter of the CDs i could've gotten. i've seen other people's lists so i know i missed out on some stuff i would've liked.

i started this thread to see if what i got was the norm. the double boxes were the first two i opened. as i scanned down the spines of the CDs, i knew something was up.

virgil replied after that, and i posted this:

my problem with this complaint is that this could have been remedied with an email. The problem is we are human and hand packing 20,000 CDs, there are bound to be errors. If something like this happens, just email us, we can fix the problem. This is not the case of us intentionally ripping someone off, it we merely a mistake.

that was my mistake, and i can't undo it now. i e-mailed you the list.

believe it or not, i hadn't started the thread to complain. i was just asking what everyone else got. yeah, it did suck. yeah, i was upset when i opened the first two boxes. i had seen other lists so i didn't think what i received was quite right, but i felt sending an e-mail directly to you woulda been a BIGGER pain for you.

so (and as i've said above) i intentionally didn't e-mail virgil from the start. i figured he'd have a helluva lot more on his plate to not be bothered by an e-mail from me asking about the 100 CDs deal. hell, i saw numerous posts on here asking when they were gonna ship, as if they weren't shipped quickly enough.

the conversation then switched to the awesome topic of pie.

that was awesome.

then a few more guys took at stab at me. then hickey said some awesome stuff and posted a sweet pic of the hoff.

then you eventually jumped in.

i'll dissect your post.

look, the problem isn't the fact that you got doubles. The problem is that you are being a dick about it. If you had a complaint you should have gone to Virgil about it, like he said. Instead, you put a post on this message board to announce the fact that you got "screwed over" in an attempt to make Virgil look like a bad guy, whether indirectly or not.

i explained this previously. i explained this again now. i never once attempted to make virgil look like a douche bag. it's unfortunate that people saw it that way. as you said, it may have come across that way unintentionally. however, i did apologize, and i did e-mail him. you're a johnny-come-lately to pop in here to shit on me again.

It was a completely self serving post, completely unnecessary and served no purpose.

well, if it was "self serving," then it served the purpose of serving myself. no?

You got hooked up with a sweet deal, you are ungrateful about it and you are now bitching about it because of some perceived error. It makes no sense.

it's not a "perceived error." it's a legitimate error.

again:

we meant for it to be 100 unique cds, but we had 4 different tables working on the sales and my guess is that he got 2 of the same boxes instead of 3 boxes.

and that's about it.

how big/heavy are these packages?

have you seen the boxes that CDs come in from the plant? they hold 30 CDs. well, i got four boxes of those with 25 CDs (plus padding) packed inside. they stacked up two boxes across and two boxes up and packed them in another box. it was like a little cube of goodness. i guess it wasn't extremely heavy.

I'm still fucking pissed I missed this.

well, outside of my few posts in the collection photos thread and the TBR live LP thread, it sure was a memorable introduction to the VC board for me.

nice to meet ya!

p.s. i'm working on an it's alive records collection post. i need to confirm the pressing numbers with adam alive before i post it here.

http://bored.knockknockrecords.com/index.php/topic,51210.0.html

I'm still fucking pissed I missed this.

well, outside of my few posts in the collection photos thread and the TBR live LP thread, it sure was a memorable introduction to the VC board for me.

nice to meet ya!

p.s. i'm working on an it's alive records collection post. i need to confirm the pressing numbers with adam alive before i post it here.

http://bored.knockknockrecords.com/index.php/topic,51210.0.html

uhhhh, wow.

That is impressive.

i'll apologize in advance for the double post, but i'm feeling just frisky enough to have fun with this.

here's my first post:

did anyone else get a crapload of doubles. i got 3 copies of one of the CDs. i got 2 copies of 17 others. one of the doubles is a compilation!

i only got 81 unique CDs.

i was simply asking a question. from the answers i got (and if you had read the thread, you'd know this, too), i'm in the minority (perhaps one of two guys) who got so many doubles.

first response:

i didn't get a few doubles. i got, more or less, two identical boxes out of four.

after hearing about what a bitch i was a few more times, i posted this:

sure, it was a letdown. sure, i was bummed.

regardless, i even tried to joke about it:

that didn't work.

then someone asked if it was supposed to be 100 unique CDs. that's what i was getting at with the post. i had wanted to see if everyone else got so many doubles. i wanted to know this before i e-mailed virgil so i didn't bug him unnecessarily.

so virgil said:

so there you have it. i did not get what i was supposed to get.

i even posted this as further explanation:

virgil replied after that, and i posted this:

so (and as i've said above) i intentionally didn't e-mail virgil from the start. i figured he'd have a helluva lot more on his plate to not be bothered by an e-mail from me asking about the 100 CDs deal. hell, i saw numerous posts on here asking when they were gonna ship, as if they weren't shipped quickly enough.

the conversation then switched to the awesome topic of pie.

that was awesome.

then a few more guys took at stab at me. then hickey said some awesome stuff and posted a sweet pic of the hoff.

then you eventually jumped in.

i'll dissect your post.

i explained this previously. i explained this again now. i never once attempted to make virgil look like a douche bag. it's unfortunate that people saw it that way. as you said, it may have come across that way unintentionally. however, i did apologize, and i did e-mail him. you're a johnny-come-lately to pop in here to shit on me again.

well, if it was "self serving," then it served the purpose of serving myself. no?

it's not a "perceived error." it's a legitimate error.

again:

and that's about it.

you're working way too hard on 4/20 man.