100 CDs/$30 - doubles?!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how many doubles were in each box? cause if your doubles came from FOUR different boxes you are a special kind of person to whine.

i got 4 boxes.

i got 100 CDs.

that means that i got 25 CDs per box.

i got two boxes of 25 CDs that were different in each box.

i also got two boxes of 25 CDs where 17 of the 25 were the same.

math is not hard.

i basically got 75 CDs for $30. i DO feel screwed, but i'm not gonna ask for a free lunch after i got a more or less free lunch. this also means at least one other person out there has to have gotten two of the same box, too.

So how many doubles were in each box? cause if your doubles came from FOUR different boxes you are a special kind of person to whine.

i got 4 boxes.

i got 100 CDs.

math is not hard.

i basically got 75 CDs for $30. i DO feel screwed, but i'm not gonna ask for a free lunch after i got a more or less free lunch. this also means at least one other person out there has to have gotten two of the same box, too.

Dude, you haven't lived much of a life if you really, honestly feel screwed by this. Wait till you have to make mortgage payments.

i got 4 boxes.

i got 100 CDs.

math is not hard.

Dude, you haven't lived much of a life if you really, honestly feel screwed by this. Wait till you have to make mortgage payments.

okay

i got 4 boxes.

i got 100 CDs.

math is not hard.

Got it. Thought you meant bought four deals. You're less special than I thought, but still special to think this was a bad deal.

exactly, give 'em to a friend OR sell them back to a store that buys "used" CDs

i didn't find one i wanted to keep and only got $20 in trade for all 100. i don't think there were any doubles though. i might have got 104 or so too. unless i miscounted. i might've just got a bad buyer too, but w/ the quality of titles in there i wasn't really going to complain or bother trying again.

it was a gamble. just like any grab bag. so i'm not complaining or anything. it was a gambit that didn't pay off. win some, lose some.

i was surprised i only got .20/cd though. I thought I'd average .50 or more and get some trade credit out of the deal.

they all came in one big box.

i got 4 boxes.

i got 100 CDs.

math is not hard.

Got it. Thought you meant bought four deals. You're less special than I thought, but still special to think this was a bad deal.

i never said it was a bad deal. it's just not cool to get two of the same box, no matter if you pay $0.01 or $1,000.00 (as far as i'm concerned). if everyone paid $30 for 100 CDs and got 4 copies of 25 different CDs, i'm sure more than just myself would ask a question about it. i woulda preferred to pay $7.50 for 25 at that point, right?

i think virgil has already cleared up what the problem was so i don't understand your deal with me. i'm not throwing a total bitchfit. i just wanted to know if everyone else got a crapload of doubles like i did. from the sounds of it, i am "special."

that falcon cd kicks ass. so does anything digger. the fireside bowl cd's are boots, which kinda sucks, but still decent bands. nobodys are good, as are pinhead, queers, travoltas, and independents. if i got those ones, i'll be quite happy for $30.

trust me. i'm happy with a lot of the stuff. i expected to get a lot of stuff i'd like, a lot of stuff i was indifferent about, and a lot of stuff i'd never buy. i was also hoping to be able to check out a ton of bands i hadn't heard. i now know i missed out on a quarter of the CDs i could've gotten. i've seen other people's lists so i know i missed out on some stuff i would've liked.

i started this thread to see if what i got was the norm. the double boxes were the first two i opened. as i scanned down the spines of the CDs, i knew something was up.

Guest Admin

my problem with this complaint is that this could have been remedied with an email. The problem is we are human and hand packing 20,000 CDs, there are bound to be errors. If something like this happens, just email us, we can fix the problem. This is not the case of us intentionally ripping someone off, it we merely a mistake.

my problem with this complaint is that this could have been remedied with an email. The problem is we are human and hand packing 20,000 CDs, there are bound to be errors. If something like this happens, just email us, we can fix the problem. This is not the case of us intentionally ripping someone off, it we merely a mistake.

that was my mistake, and i can't undo it now. i e-mailed you the list.

believe it or not, i hadn't started the thread to complain. i was just asking what everyone else got. yeah, it did suck. yeah, i was upset when i opened the first two boxes. i had seen other lists so i didn't think what i received was quite right, but i felt sending an e-mail directly to you woulda been a BIGGER pain for you.

Whoever got .20 each for the ones they sold got screwed.

I work, and have worked at, a used CD store for close to 9 years and the very least most stores pay is $0.25 and that's for something that the store has too many copies of (90's boybands/last albums from hairmetal bands/etc) and I'd bet at least 90% of the stuff in the 100 was not common in the store tyou went too.