My girlfriend hooked me up sick

So my birthday is on the 19th of April. I've been dating a this girl for maybe 2 months now. She's be saying how she wanted to get me a present and I was kinda like "well, if you want, but I don't expect anything from you, really." So yesterday she comes over with a card and some candles (I know, shoot me, I love me some candle light) and a gift obviously shaped like a record. So I open it up and it's a copy of the Iron Age Lp on Youngblood on Yellow vinyl /300. Pretty stoked, as I know they sold out in pre-orders pretty quick. I was happy, thanked her, and took her out for lunch.

I dropped her off at her car so she could go to work, and I left to go run and pay some bills and go to my work to get my check. I come back home and sitting on my door step is ANOTHER record that says "Open me second" on it. I was suprised, brought it in, opened it and it was a original copy of the Rat Cage pressing of Agnostic Front's Victim in pain LP. Anyone who is into collecting old US hardcore, like I am, knows this record is not only hard to find but it a classic musically. Anyways hella stoked. I didn't ask her how much she spent on it but I know for sure it was $100+ dollars.

Never had a girl do that for me before. She's a keeper.

Seriously, girlfriends who not only tolerate but appreciate our vinyl-collecting habits are marriage-worthy.

On top of that she's just a really awesome girl who doesn't freak out, hooks me up with food at her job for next to nothing, lets me have my alone time with friends, and doesn't really get upset about anything ever.....even when I freak out. She pretty much made my week with the thought and effort she put into my birthday.

Guest falloutcollapse

My girlfriend loves listening to my records, and she's bought me a few, but we're pretty much both broke so it's hard. But she loves looking at the colors and listening and all that. It rules.