TMV - De-Loused in the Comatorium 2013 Bootleg? (Black/500) *Pics

I got mine off eBay and it was work just getting it to play decently. The previous owner didn't take care of albums and probably had a crappy ion or crosley because it was like a bowl of rice crispys. Took 2 wood glue cleaning to get it to play decent, can say much for the packaging which is a little frayed at the bottom.

I got mine off eBay and it was work just getting it to play decently. The previous owner didn't take care of albums and probably had a crappy ion or crosley because it was like a bowl of rice crispys. Took 2 wood glue cleaning to get it to play decent, can say much for the packaging which is a little frayed at the bottom.

Are you talking about the original silver vinyl press?

i got my copy in today. the records feel a little heavy, the inner sleeves and the gatefold are of very good quality. ive only listened to the first side but the sound has been great so far. ill see if i can post pictures later... overall i dont regret spending so much cash on a bootleg

Glad to hear. Patiently waiting for mine...

how does it sound compared to the cd?

the record sounds very clear with nice basses. i think its sourced from the cd as the mix sounds very similar, the quiet parts on roulette dares sound exactly like on the cd (probably even a little quieter on the record). i dont own the og pressing so i dont know how it sounds in comparison to that one.

I really wish Sargent House would come through with this already. Its been like five years since they said they had plans to reissue Deloused and Frances in cooperation with ORLG. Its an almost guaranteed instant sell out as long as they don't price it too far above $25.

The way the OG press of this album sells, if they did an official repress they could probably sell for $50+ and they'd still sell out... (not that I'd like it to sell that expensive, but just saying... i mean look at the Devil and God - Brand New repress that sold in droves for $50+ just for the black variant....)

Serious Answer.. how do most boots get made?  Either new/old plates .. or someone goes to the trouble of recutting off whatever source they can get their hands on... Worker stays late or shows up early and rips a bunch off.

wishful thinking on my part, perhaps...

most boots come out of europe where plants are more willing to look the other way or not double check when a client brings them something questionable.

I own the original silver picture press and it sounds alright, though not as good as the CD version I'd say. Which is only natural since it is really a picture disc, and these physically can't sound as good as a proper black pressing. The problem withe that pressing was that they shrink wrapped the records too soon after pressing which resulted in crazy bumps in at least the batch my copy is from. It plays well on a good turntable but watchign it spin looks pretty motocross. According to the CD back cover, De-Loused was released on GSL and licensed to Universal (ATDI had their share of fame so they weren't naive about what how to release Mars Volta stuff). IIRC it was the other way round with France (released by Universal, licensed for vinyl to GSL). So since GSL is no more (sadly) who's gonna re-release it? I once heard Three One G (another great label worth checking out) was about to purchase the rights to the GSL releases but I don't know if that came through. Boot looks pretty professional to, btw. Looks like they got hold of the offset plates for the covers?!