TMV - De-Loused in the Comatorium 2013 Bootleg? (Black/500) *Pics

I wouldn't pay anything and wait for a proper repress, and if this never happens I stick to what I have - mp3, tape, whatever. This is as buying a fake Rolex. I will never get the point of buying a bootleg, but I guess there will always be people into that like everything in life.

But this is just my opinion, please do what you want with your money.

I'd pay for that bootleg if it has the master for vinyl on it.  But I would guess it's a CD master on vinyl.

Would you rather pay close to $150 for the original? For people that aren't, by the sound of it, this is as close to the original as it gets.

YES.  I have before, and I will again.  Don't settle for less.  I have had a few ridiculously priced records.  Guess what... I have resold all for the same or more than I paid for them.  That's after doing a needledrop high-res recording...

Marilyn Manson-Golden Age of Grotesque (paid 111, sold yesterday for 172... after I opened it)

eels- electro-shock blues (paid 180, sold for 200... after I opened it)

Cake-Fashion Nugget (paid 101, sold for 160)

And I won't even post how much I made on Panic at the Disco, Thrice, Brand New, and a few other records...

If they have a unique-to-vinyl master, they are easily more valuable.

In fact, you can still find the original PDF download link from the now-defunct official GSL site on web.archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/20051103151309/http://www.goldstandardlabs.com/marsvolta/DeLoused_storybook.pdf

Thanks!

Cedric wrote it with Jeremy Ward.

Wow! That makes this is kind of a big deal. Thanks for the info.

I'll throw this out here..

got the boots.. loved the boots.. felt so good about the boots and their sound quality that I just sold my OG...

I am a huge fan of the album. ranks in my all time top 5.. the boot sounds better.

Wow, it's that good? Now that's saying something. Still need to pick this up

Honestly In a few years they are going to repress the entire Mars Volta catalog. Currently, sellers seem to think their is a higher demand for their records, because the band recently broke up. I feel bad for anyone that is just starting to collect their records, the prices on their records have gone way past what is right. I just hope when they do repress all of them, that they do it right. I have all their records but I wouldnt mind an extra copy of Frances because I dont feel like playing my glow in the dark discs. 

i came to band practice the other night and saw my bassist had a copy of Deloused there. I had been reading all this bootleg talk and thought he had perhaps picked one up for himself. nope. original. his friend sold him a copy. So obviously i asked, how much did you pay? he was like "probably got taken a little but he sold it to me for $25." I screamed "are you fucking kidding me?!?" i still cant believe he got a original silver copy of this for 25 bucks.

I will probably opt to get one of these bootlegs. especially if they sound decent. better than paying hundreds of dollars. i dont honestly see another option. 

From this one Dutch seller at Discogs. Maybe its the pressing plant fault. Still trying to get a replacement.

I would say it's the plant's fault.

I got my copy (also from a Dutch discogs seller [tunesville]) and it had both AB/CD discs.

If you're copy was sealed, it was plant's fault for sure.

I would say it's the plant's fault.

I got my copy (also from a Dutch discogs seller [tunesville]) and it had both AB/CD discs.

If you're copy was sealed, it was plant's fault for sure.

Yeah, but the way it looks, pretty sure I can't get a new copy. Oh well, maybe I'll buy another one. Anybody found a cheaper price than the listings on Discogs ?

i bought the original a year ago for 80 on discogs in near mint condition. played it twice and sold it a week ago for 200. just waiting to buy the boot any day now.

yeah, I got $325 for mine the other day.. i cant say no to that kinda $$$ especially when the boot sounds better.. except those damn pops between track 1 and 2.. checked all three of my copies and they all had it!