TMV - De-Loused in the Comatorium 2013 Bootleg? (Black/500) *Pics

who cares what it is sourced from if it sounds comparable (or even better?) and if you dont have a cd player or computer hooked up to speakers then you'd probably be into a $70 copy rather than a $150+ copy.  

but i dunno

I would recommend.. i wouldnt recommend paying $70+ but thats not my decision or place to judge.

Buying a bootleg sourced from a cd or less for $70 is legit one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Hold out for the repress or just listen to the mp3s. These things will only drop in value.

Agreed. I'm shocked so many people are willing to pay (especially this much) for a bootleg of the CD.

Would you rather pay close to $150 for the original? For people that aren't, by the sound of it, this is as close to the original as it gets.

I wouldn't pay anything and wait for a proper repress, and if this never happens I stick to what I have - mp3, tape, whatever. This is as buying a fake Rolex. I will never get the point of buying a bootleg, but I guess there will always be people into that like everything in life.

But this is just my opinion, please do what you want with your money.

A bit OT, but:

I have two copies of the og, both have GSL 75 - A / GSL - 75 - B / GSL - 75 - C / GSL 75 - D etchings.

The differences between these two:

- other has printed inner sleeves, the other glossy black sleeves with no printing but comes with 2-sided insert (the text sides of the printed sleeves)

- the card stock material for the jackets is different, the inside of the other is uncoated and grayish; the other is coated and white

- the black margin at the beginning on the actual records before the silver starts seems to differ in width

Few pics: http://s916.photobucket.com/user/JSusi-o/library/DITC

Propably my favourite record of all times, I hope they'll make a nice reissue of it soon!

If the boot was in my face at a record shop for less than 30, i'd probably pull the trigger.   Ahh the memories, freaking out about the booklets upon release, having Anton get me into the press show at the Troubadour, smoking cigs with Jeremy and Jon.....those were the days.

I'm thinking a MOBILE FIDELITY release would be about right!

interesting to see the photo.  Is the "silver" vinyl essentially a picture disc? i.e., does it have a silver coating, instead of actually being pressed out of silver colored vinyl?

I'm pretty sure its the silver coating. Thats what I was lead to believe, and why Ive been holding out for years for a repress

Official. There was a big mishap with ordering these from the bands website when deloused was released

In fact, you can still find the original PDF download link from the now-defunct official GSL site on web.archive.org: http://web.archive.org/web/20051103151309/http://www.goldstandardlabs.com/marsvolta/DeLoused_storybook.pdf

a big mishap 

maaaybe an overstatement... but here's the kind of text you see plastered on a lot of the pages from the now-defunct official GSL site on web.archive.org: 

"De-Loused" lyric books back eventually/soon,

we know the wait sucks... 

Stop wasting your money on E-bay!

&

If you ordered a "De-Loused" lyric book, please be patient. We will send them as soon as we get them. We know the wait sucks and we're as anxious as you are.