Recent purchases

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - White (Deathwish Exclusive) /333

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Opaque Orange (Epitaph Exclusive) /55

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Transparent Pink w/ White Smoke (Deathwish Exclusive) /774

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Opaque Blue Marble (Converge Exclusive) /778

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Transparent Green /5304

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - White (Deathwish Exclusive) /333

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Opaque Orange (Epitaph Exclusive) /55

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Transparent Pink w/ White Smoke (Deathwish Exclusive) /774

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Opaque Blue Marble (Converge Exclusive) /778

Converge - Live At BBC - 1st Press - Transparent Green /5304

why

So you can try and secure 10 copies of Kayne's 808 record to flip...but someone else can't decide to collect variants? 

Oh, okay.

Did I say he wasn't allowed to collect variants?

I was just intrigued to see why he bought all the variants. Some guy asked why, and so then I looked and that was a possible why not. 

BTW I understand the controversy of flipping. but hell, bash everyone who isn't selling at retail. I'm not flipping any limited pressing or variant so don't try and make me feel any qualms about it. 

I just took a gander at your tradelist and it doesn't seem like you're collecting Converge as hard as you did with Defeater and TA, so maybe that's a "why not"

They were available to get so I figured why not. I love Converge just as much as the other bands and would collect their discography, but it'd be way more intense than the two you mentioned.

They were available to get so I figured why not. I love Converge just as much as the other bands and would collect their discography, but it'd be way more intense than the two you mentioned.

Haha I bet, it piqued my curiosity and their discog is like 3 times as big. 

Did I say he wasn't allowed to collect variants?

I was just intrigued to see why he bought all the variants. Some guy asked why, and so then I looked and that was a possible why not. 

BTW I understand the controversy of flipping. but hell, bash everyone who isn't selling at retail. I'm not flipping any limited pressing or variant so don't try and make me feel any qualms about it. 

Fair. 

Your wording was way off in the first post and you have a tendency to bring attitude. 

Nirvana - Incesticide 20th Anniversary 45 RPM Edition (Two Amazon UK sellers are selling this for less than £3, sounds too cheap for a new LP. I wouldn't be surprised if this shows up as a CD, but well, still gave it a shot.) 

You Blew It! - Grow Up, Dude (£5,20, also pretty cheap I think!)

Eisley - Combinations Promo CD (Got this on eBay for 4,68$)

Eisley - The Valley Promo Single CD (Found this on GEMM for 4$. Recently saw it on eBay, but for ca. 20$. Glad I took a look at GEMM)

Swung by another Dimple Records, this time their Arden location, and found a couple records in their clearance bin, sealed.

Falling Sickness - Right On Time - $5.99

Anberlin - Blueprints For The Black Market - $9.49

Also went by Hot Topic to pick up the new Bayside, but they hadn't received their shipment yet.  I reserved one of five copies they're getting in.  While I was there I took advantage of their Buy One, Get One Half Off storewide sale.

Rancid - Let's Go - 2x10" (Red)

Rancid - Rancid - LP (Red)

Bad Religion - Christmas Songs - LP (Black)

Bad Religion - No Control - LP (Blue)

Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be - LP (Grey Putty)

Rise Against - Siren Song Of The Counter Culture - LP (Orange Marble)

I just ordered some records from Asian Man too.

Slapstick - Slapstick - 2xLP

Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit Redux - LP

Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire - LP

Alkaline Trio - Alkaline Trio - LP

The Lawrence Arms - The Greatest Story Ever Told - LP

The Lawrence Arms - Ghost Stories - LP
The Lawrence Arms - Cocktails & Dreams - 2xLP

The Lawrence Arms - A Guided Tour Of Chicago - LP

Swung by another Dimple Records, this time their Arden location, and found a couple records in their clearance bin, sealed

Falling Sickness - Right On Time - $5.99

Anberlin - Blueprints For The Black Market - $9.49

Also went by Hot Topic to pick up the new Bayside, but they hadn't received their shipment yet. I reserved one of five copies they're getting in. While I was there I took advantage of their Buy One, Get One Half Off storewide sale.

Rancid - Let's Go - 2x10" (Red)

Rancid - Rancid - LP (Red)

Bad Religion - Christmas Songs - LP (Black)

Bad Religion - No Control - LP (Blue)

Taking Back Sunday - Where You Want To Be - LP (Grey Putty)

Rise Against - Siren Song Of The Counter Culture - LP (Orange Marble)

I just ordered some records from Asian Man too.

Slapstick - Slapstick - 2xLP

Alkaline Trio - Goddamnit Redux - LP

Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire - LP

Alkaline Trio - Alkaline Trio - LP

The Lawrence Arms - The Greatest Story Ever Told - LP

The Lawrence Arms - Ghost Stories - LP

The Lawrence Arms - Cocktails & Dreams - 2xLP

The Lawrence Arms - A Guided Tour Of Chicago - LP

They allowed for vinyl at hot topic? They are usually so hardlined to include everything but in sales ive seen.

They allowed for vinyl at hot topic? They are usually so hardlined to include everything but in sales ive seen.

I think I may have lucked out.  The girl that greeted me as I was browsing through the records reminded me of the sale.  Another girl then asked if the sale applied to records as I approached the register.  The first girl said something to the effect of, "sure, why not?  Someone got in trouble for not including records in the sale."  The guy that ultimately rang me up asked as well, and was told the same thing.  The first girl, who appeared to be in charge, seemed indifferent about the whole thing.  I've never bought records when they've had a sale, so I guess it's a first on both fronts.  I'll see if they honor it again tomorrow when I go to pick up Bayside.

Yesterday I was able to get:

Caustic Eminence - Another Day, Another Dollar 7"

Blenderhead - Blue Tile Lounge 7"

Haven't seen the Caustic Eminence record ever listed on ebay, so glad it finally popped up, I've almost completed my "christian punk young teenager days" collection, haha.

I also was really happy to get:

Poison the Well - The Tropic Rot

Red Sparowes - The Fear is Excruciating...

off of a fellow board member.  Solid record week for me!  Oh yea, and I found a Louis Armstrong "Hey Dolly" at the thrift store for a quarter.  Into it!

Why not?

I literally dont see the point in buying every single color of a record, just because its a different color. If you are a fan of a certain make and model car, you wouldn’t buy that car in every color available. By buying multiple copies of a record for the color means you are more interested in the ‘gimmick’ of the record than the actual music that record is about.

But then again, that’s my personal opinion, and I can understand it if people want to buy them all. I just think it’s stupid.

I literally dont see the point in buying every single color of a record, just because its a different color. If you are a fan of a certain make and model car, you wouldn’t buy that car in every color available. By buying multiple copies of a record for the color means you are more interested in the ‘gimmick’ of the record than the actual music that record is about.

But then again, that’s my personal opinion, and I can understand it if people want to buy them all. I just think it’s stupid.

Im a fan of the whole presentation of each one. Plus the more money I give them, then the more money they have to keep doing what they are doing. I don't get to go to as many shows as I used to, so buying physical copies continues to be my main source for listening. If I like the band, in this case I really do, then I will buy what I can when I can. Buying multiples seems to be stupid to a lot of folks, but not to me. I'm sure the labels and bands appreciate it when collectors like myself come around and keep them in business.