Miserable (K. Esfandiari, ex-Whirr) - Halloween Dreams 7" EP Up Now

Received mine yesterday. 016/300.The inner sleeve is full of grainy fluff.Is this real gold? :D

i got 90/300... and as much as i love the music and the pressing and packaging, it seems all that grain has gotten into the grooves of my 7" and completely wrecked the sound quality.  when i first pulled it out i thought it was just a little dust, but after inspecting the sleeve it looked as though the inside was completely coated with it... which completely coated my 7" :/  anyone else having such a noticeable problem?

Received mine yesterday. 016/300.The inner sleeve is full of grainy fluff.Is this real gold? :D

i got 90/300... and as much as i love the music and the pressing and packaging, it seems all that grain has gotten into the grooves of my 7" and completely wrecked the sound quality.  when i first pulled it out i thought it was just a little dust, but after inspecting the sleeve it looked as though the inside was completely coated with it... which completely coated my 7" :/  anyone else having such a noticeable problem?

The plant warned me about this before they shipped. The grainy stuff (not sure what to call it), is 100% normal, and present on all haze vinyl, and according to the plant and from my time playing the 7" and other haze records I own shouldn't affect the sound quality at all, after you wipe it off.

Excellent EP real sharp looking too.

Glad you like it dude! 

The plant warned me about this before they shipped. The grainy stuff (not sure what to call it), is 100% normal, and present on all haze vinyl, and according to the plant and from my time playing the 7" and other haze records I own shouldn't affect the sound quality at all, after you wipe it off.

I'll have to give mine another wipe down when I listen to it next, the first song on my b-side was really noisy.  Hopefully that'll remedy it.  Songs are great and it looks excellent though.

Yeah, haze dust all over this thing. I haven't even listened to it yet. Not going on the turntable until it hits the Nitty Gritty. This and a tour Junius record are the only two haze variants that have had this much dust on them. I wonder if some labels wipe them before they slip them in the sleeves?

More than just wiping, you need to CLEAN your records. There is a thread on here somewhere about it.

This is mostly common with pirates press "haze" records. It leaves a lot of debris on the records themselves and you can tell it's a PP record the minute you pull it from the dust sleeve and you hear that sandpaper-esque crunch.

After a good cleaning, this 7" sounds great. Hearing Orchid on my table made my week!

More than just wiping, you need to CLEAN your records. There is a thread on here somewhere about it.

This is mostly common with pirates press "haze" records. It leaves a lot of debris on the records themselves and you can tell it's a PP record the minute you pull it from the dust sleeve and you hear that sandpaper-esque crunch.

After a good cleaning, this 7" sounds great. Hearing Orchid on my table made my week!

I've given it a few wet wipe downs, which normally takes care of most of the problems I have.  I don't have a machine to do any really deep cleaning though.

Austin is 100% correct. Pirates Press, who pressed the 7" is one of the best plants around, but their haze records do leave a lot of  superficial debris. Just give the record a good cleaning, and you should be fine. The EP sounds incredible on vinyl, and I'm sorry it's been frustrating for some of you to get it to that point. It's definitely something to consider on the next run.

Thanks again to all of you picked it up, by the way. I'm super proud to have put out this EP, and it means a lot to have so many of you pick it up.

I amost cringe to see Haze pressings anymore, since I don't own a VPI or Nitty Gritty and closest record store is an hour away.  

I actually sent a board member several rare pressings to clean with his RCM.  I cleaned the inner sleeve with a sticky roller and light damp cloth / then blow dryer.  Only very slight surface noise on one of them.

On this little 7", I rinsed with distilled water first, then, used the sticky roller on the vinyl but only go one revolution (lightly as possible, but it's sticky!) and then clean the grit off the roller. Lots of work, but decent sound to the vinyl - got lucky.

That was the main reason I splurged on the TP.

• 5 months later...

Kristina has done 4 short, upbeat classic shoegazey songs - available on bandcamp for $4, or CS from the UK for (8.5GBP shipped to US)/ too rich for me.

It sounds like this material may be going on an LP later this year so I'm going to wait.

https://miserablegrl.bandcamp.com/

http://sadgirlsclub.bigcartel.com/product/sgc002-miserable-dog-days

Kristina has done 4 short, upbeat classic shoegazey songs - available on bandcamp for $4, or CS from the UK for (8.5GBP shipped to US)/ too rich for me.

It sounds like this material may be going on an LP later this year so I'm going to wait.

https://miserablegrl.bandcamp.com/

http://sadgirlsclub.bigcartel.com/product/sgc002-miserable-dog-days

Those four songs are exclusive to the DOG DAYS EP. There is an LP coming later this year/ early next, but it'll be all new songs

Those four songs are exclusive to the DOG DAYS EP. There is an LP coming later this year/ early next, but it'll be all new songs

OK, thanks for correcting me on that! Any reason it is being sold in the UK, and Native Sound is not selling physical on this one, or am I missing that, too?

OK, thanks for correcting me on that! Any reason it is being sold in the UK, and Native Sound is not selling physical on this one, or am I missing that, too?

^ What Don said. I'm all for supporting, but I won't buy mp3s and that's a little pricey for a cassette. A vinyl release would be excellent!

Yeah, I hear you guys... Because of how limited the tape release is (100 copies), carrying it as US distro wasn't really an option. But a 7" release is very likely sometime next year, though nothing is specifically in the works yet. I'd be pretty optimistic though!