Everything's Comin' Up Milhouse!

They might have hit this in the Lego thread (I don't read it and am too lazy to look), but holy fuck these are awesome!

oyra39srdfkxezlaauch.jpg

http://kotaku.com/an-army-of-lego-simpsons-invades-america-in-may-1551869131

Only thing I dont like is the fact that they are blind buys.  I want one of each, not 7 of one character.

Only thing I dont like is the fact that they are blind buys.  I want one of each, not 7 of one character.

The Kotaku article mentioned that since they're shapes are so distinct that it might be easier to feel which bag has what in them.  I'm not a mini-fig collector, but I'm considering pursing these.  The fact that they seem to be more 'classic' Simpsons is a big sell for me.

The Kotaku article mentioned that since they're shapes are so distinct that it might be easier to feel which bag has what in them.  I'm not a mini-fig collector, but I'm considering pursing these.  The fact that they seem to be more 'classic' Simpsons is a big sell for me.

I agree 100%.  But I have bought a few of those blind buys from LEGO, and have been fucked over.  Not as easy as the article states lol.

i collect the minifigures and spend a lot of time fondling bags. looking at those figures, it'll probably be pretty easy to pick out specific ones. marge's hair, burns' inanimate carbon rod, itchy's club, scratchy's axe, nelson's bat, lisa's sax, bart's skateboard, flanders' toolbox etc. will all have very distinct shapes.

Hey, maybe someone can help me out. I'm trying to remember a moment on The Simpsons (I think it was The Simpsons, anyway) where they were showing an old-fashioned cigarette ad, and the spokesman says "They'll kill ya just right!"

Been scouring my DVD collection, and haven't found it. Was it Simpsons? Or South Park? A Seth MacFarlane show?

hmm if it's the simpsons it'd be laramie cigarettes. what i remember from the old timey ad from that was something like "i don't know what's in 'em but i can't stop smokin' em"

Yeah, that's the only one i know of. What you're looking for is either new simpsons or maybe a different show.

also,

tumblr_lrhksmkNyv1qbgeplo1_1280.jpg

hmm if it's the simpsons it'd be laramie cigarettes. what i remember from the old timey ad from that was something like "i don't know what's in 'em but i can't stop smokin' em"

I do remember this.

49.jpg

But, alas, it's not what I'm remembering. The more I think about it, it may have been Futurama. (Now where's that appreciation thread?!)

Oh, wells.

secretsofasuccessfulmarriage1_thumb.png

Homer : “Look everyone, now that I’m a teacher I’ve sewed patches on my elbows.”

Marge : “Homer, that’s supposed to be leather patches on a tweed blazer, not the other way around.  You’ve ruined a perfectly good jacket."

Homer : “Ah, incorrect Marge, two perfectly good jackets.”