PO: Eluvium - Catalin (SOLD OUT)

Damn it! With all the great reviews I would have thought it would be a no brainer! Well you never know I guess..

Yeah, seriously.  There's enough content on that album to whip up a gorgeous package.  I hope that arrangements can be made to see something surface eventually, though.  Even if it's way down the road.

Was really close on ordering one of the last 9 pieces...but $45.45ppd is just too much for a single LP!

Totally agree.

Luckily I have an aunt living in the States who I can ship some stuff for safe keeping. Can't argue with Media Mail for 3$.

Made a deal with myself that if I got back from a round, I'd put an order in. Managed to get one of the last three remaining.

Wow, checked yest while i was out, 141 left, woke up to order...............gone. 

Yo man you gotta order on the go you know how these things go! How lucky are we to even have the info the Boards releases.

And gooone. That went faster than I expected but it doesn't surprise me now that I think about it.

How do you edit the title to the OP?

Can't believe I missed this. If anyone happened to grab an extra and is willing to part with it, I'm interested!

Looks like someone in Allston, Massachusetts is willing to part ways on the bay... but of course for a pretty penny http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eluvium-CATALIN-Limited-Edition-Deluxe-Vinyl-LP-x-300-/141168803135?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item20de50fd3f

Looks like someone in Allston, Massachusetts is willing to part ways on the bay... but of course for a pretty penny http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eluvium-CATALIN-Limited-Edition-Deluxe-Vinyl-LP-x-300-/141168803135?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item20de50fd3f

Based off that price, shipping fee, and second photo, it looks like you get the art exhibit with the vinyl. Really not a bad bundle at all. I can't see it lasting too long.

Yo man you gotta order on the go you know how these things go! How lucky are we to even have the info the Boards releases.

How do you edit the title to the OP?

You just edit your first post to change the title of the thread.

That is one busy flipper dude/lady. The record isn't even out and it's already being sold.

To think that an Eluvium fan who was really looking to get the album missed out on it because that person wanted to make an extra buck off of another's artistic creation is to me extremely lame. This makes me sound like a skipping record but I can't help it as such a state of affairs is still saddening to me.

That is one busy flipper dude/lady. The record isn't even out and it's already being sold.

To think that an Eluvium fan who was really looking to get the album missed out on it because that person wanted to make an extra buck off of another's artistic creation is to me extremely lame. This makes me sound like a skipping record but I can't help it as such a state of affairs is still saddening to me.

Accept flipping in your life now or be forever disappointed when you realize that every company you pay bills to are practically applying the same methods of gaining profits by using extremely basic Business 101 tactics/Real Estate on you. Same applies for new homes, mainly rich people buy them, own them, lease them out. Again, this is why we're so privileged to have the info on releases on the boards.

*side note* I checked out the release and loved the concept the night it was posted here I'm on such a tight budget though! Also I found that it sold fairly quickly due to the fact that they were actually selling them at the art gallery at the same time they were posted online. (Not 100% if they were physical copy sales, but they were definitely being sold at Austin Contemporary) I can't find the source but it was either on Tumblr or Twitter I read it.. errr sorry about that one gang!

Happens an awful lot my friend. More than you like to know.

Absolutely aware of the fact. It's just extremely unfortunate and I was reminded of this especially with this release.

I really took my time to consider whether this would be something I would be glad to have around long after I got it. It wasn't difficult of course to decide, being from TRR and an Eluvium release + it being for an actual art exhibition. I'ts just a bummer to think of the number of people who go through the same rationale to add another amazing creation to their shelves as opposed to the few who just throw money at whatever limited release there is with the hopes that someone will agree to pay quadruple the price (or more) of what the artists + people distributing the artwork themselves would ask. It's just astonishing that it would fit inside someone's ethical system.

Absolutely aware of the fact. It's just extremely unfortunate and I was reminded of this especially with this release.

I really took my time to consider whether this would be something I would be glad to have around long after I got it. It wasn't difficult of course to decide, being from TRR and an Eluvium release + it being for an actual art exhibition. I'ts just a bummer to think of the number of people who go through the same rationale to add another amazing creation to their shelves as opposed to the few who just throw money at whatever limited release there is with the hopes that someone will agree to pay quadruple the price (or more) of what the artists + people distributing the artwork themselves would ask. It's just astonishing that it would fit inside someone's ethical system.

Unfortunately with flippers the only ethics followed is the ethos of business itself which is to profit.

I like your point with the "art collector" who simply collects and never plays the record but it is a collectors item after all and the rich always win. There's got to be a regular pressing of this perhaps?