2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

As much as I love RSD, I had to miss it. My second son arrived on Thursday and I didn't get home until 2 am this morning. And if anyone on here has kids, they know what the first couple of days are like. Didn't want much but I hope prices fall enough for me to score a couple of titles I hoped to get. I hope the tame impala is around later on. Didn't want to miss that. But, doodie calls!!!!

I think I made out pretty well at RSD this year. My store didn't have any copies of the Scott Pilgrim or the Blood Dragon soundtracks or the Cake box, so that was kind of a bummer, but I'm otherwise happy with what I got. I missed the REM set by only getting there 15 minutes early (the guy who got it was there a few hours early.)

10269589_10201812622137837_3753455002681

(Phone camera quality)

Ended up with:

• fun. - Point and Light
  • Broken Bells - Holding on for Life 
  • Frightened Rabbit - Live From Criminal Records
  • The Space Project LP (didn't see any 7" sets.)
  • SDRE/Circa Survive split 7"
  • The Last Internationale - Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Indian Blood 7"
  • Sam Means - Blue Jeans 7"
  • American Authors/The Mowgli's split 7"

Cost me about $126 before the gift certificate I had, which took it down to around 100.

If you're gonna experiment make sure they're very small increments.

It's my arm, I used something to buffer it to the right to keep it from jumping to the left and it played perfectly.

I also added up the length on side A and it's about 25 minutes so I'm thinking they tried to cram too much music and my needle/arm can't track it bc the grooves are closer than they should be (for my player at least)

Ended up with

Childish Gambino

The Doors

MGMT Congratulations

The Yardbirds Little Games

The Cure/Dinosaur Jr. Side by Side

Fleetwood Mac - Purple Dancer/Dragonfly

cost like 150 in Canada.

Got to my store at 6:50 and it opened at 9. Only 5 people in front of me and my brother. By opening time there were over 100 people in line. They let people rush into the store then closed the door when they felt like they had too many inside. Organized everything alphabetically and by format (12", 10", 7")

Never saw the Ghostbusters one cause I couldn't find the 10"...

Got most of the stuff I though was really cool though. Put some stuff back to save myself some money (Joan Jett, Jay Z/Linkin Park, etc.)

Then went to a used 60's-90s store that doesn't even get RSD releases and grabbed 

John Lennon/Yoko + Plastic Ono Band - Some Time in New York City

Bad English - When I See You Smile

and a couple more random 45s...

Spent 200 bucks in the end pretty much. Good day.

Then went and got my and my fiance's wedding bands and my suit for my wedding in December. Spent like 800 bucks today xD