2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

For those of us who have been subscribed to the Cake mailing list for some time now, it was always implied that they were going to make the box set available in their online store and subscribers would be notified first.

Not sure why or where people were hearing it was limited to RSD only.

to anyone that got Notorious BIG "Life after death" - does your copy skip often? I'm currently on side D and at least 5 songs skipped routinely.

I PURCHASED THIS ALBUM IN ST. PETERSBURG FLORIDA FOR RSD.

CLEAR PRESSING NO. 2002. SKIPS BADLY MULTPLE TIMES OVER MULTIPLE SONGS :( 

MY NEIGHBOR BOUGHT ONE AND IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS WELL.

SIDE E IS BY FAR THE WORSE. 10 CRACK COMMANDMENTS. WHOLE SONG SKIPS THROUGH. IT'S LIKE THE GROOVES AREN'T DEEP ENOUGH FOR THE NEEDLE TO CATCH.

PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM.

IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE? SOL?

I got the Built To Spill, Pinback and Pixies records. Those were pretty much the only things I wanted other than the King Kong score 7" that I can't find anywhere. I'm kind of regretting not picking up Johnny Cash and Otis Redding. They were available by the time I got to the front of the line, but it felt like too much to spend. But now I regret passing on them as I'm destined to pay more to pick them up later. Oh well. I did get a Sunny Day split for a friend, so maybe I'll end up with some good karma at some point.

I PURCHASED THIS ALBUM IN ST. PETERSBURG FLORIDA FOR RSD.

CLEAR PRESSING NO. 2002. SKIPS BADLY MULTPLE TIMES OVER MULTIPLE SONGS :(

MY NEIGHBOR BOUGHT ONE AND IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS WELL.

SIDE E IS BY FAR THE WORSE. 10 CRACK COMMANDMENTS. WHOLE SONG SKIPS THROUGH. IT'S LIKE THE GROOVES AREN'T DEEP ENOUGH FOR THE NEEDLE TO CATCH.

PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM.

IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE? SOL?

I'll refrain from commenting on your caps lock issue and say that I've seen others comment with the same problem. I'd imagine it's already been brought to the label's attention but another push won't hurt. They're going to have to make it right (or should) so there will probably be a repress or refunds, but I'm not sure how they manage that with secondhand copies. Email or call and ask. But don't yell at them like you did us.

The dino jr visitors boxset is the same as the fossils LP right but just in fancier packaging with the 7inches and an extra song?

For the most part I think so as far as music goes, but if you're in it for the art as well, there is unused art from Maura from the era and an essay about her creative process. Pretty sure that's unique to the box.

its pretty lame to learn you could have stayed home and bought it online a few days later.

This is the case with the VAST majority of RSD releases every single year, and if you haven't learned that yet then you deserve to wait in line overnight for something that others knew would be available online at a later date.

first thing you can do is turn off the caps lock, bub.

Yes.  

I got the Built To Spill, Pinback and Pixies records. Those were pretty much the only things I wanted other than the King Kong score 7" that I can't find anywhere. I'm kind of regretting not picking up Johnny Cash and Otis Redding. They were available by the time I got to the front of the line, but it felt like too much to spend. But now I regret passing on them as I'm destined to pay more to pick them up later. Oh well. I did get a Sunny Day split for a friend, so maybe I'll end up with some good karma at some point.

I got the Otis Redding. Trying to find Hot Blue Guitar. 

ronburgundybrick.gif

Yes.