Sent an item with signature confirmation, it got sent back to me. What should I do?

Forgot to ever update on what happened, but basically I ended up not refunding the guy because he never got back to me. He never opened a claim and 45 days passed so....I kept the book and his $200 haha. He was a real jerk/nutjob though so I don't really feel bad about it. His fault that he didn't pick it up from the post office in the first place.

No.

Forgot to ever update on what happened, but basically I ended up not refunding the guy because he never got back to me. He never opened a claim and 45 days passed so....I kept the book and his $200 haha. He was a real jerk/nutjob though so I don't really feel bad about it. His fault that he didn't pick it up from the post office in the first place.

thats a dick thing to do 

yeah-ok.gif

Hahah wow, maybe I should have included that I DID try to refund his money before, but he declined and kept asking me to send it without a signature confirmation. He was very odd and he started being threatening towards me. I didn't know if I should send it again or not because I didn't know if that would have screwed me over since I'm pretty sure the buyer has to agree, I could be wrong but again I wasn't sure. I told him to open a case and let eBay decide what should be done and he never said anything to me after that. I tried contacting him and working it out, it's not like I straight up took the guys money. I'm not that kind of person. If he ever contacts me again I'm going to send him the book I just won't do it through eBay. Chill out guys.

Hahah wow, maybe I should have included that I DID try to refund his money before, but he declined and kept asking me to send it without a signature confirmation. He was very odd and he started being threatening towards me. I didn't know if I should send it again or not because I didn't know if that would have screwed me over since I'm pretty sure the buyer has to agree, I could be wrong but again I wasn't sure. I told him to open a case and let eBay decide what should be done and he never said anything to me after that. I tried contacting him and working it out, it's not like I straight up took the guys money. I'm not that kind of person. If he ever contacts me again I'm going to send him the book I just won't do it through eBay. Chill out guys.

This sounds a little better. If you offered to refund, he declined; you told him to open an eBay case, he never got back; and he didn't want to pay again for shipping?

Honestly, I don't know what else you could have done if that's the case.

Yeah, I didn't know what else to do either. He kept jerking me around so I decided to just let him open a case and let eBay handle it but he never did.

I can see why everyone jumped on my case but there's all the details. I made that post after work last night and I was tired so it was quickly written.

I am actually leaning towards his side.

yeah after reading everything info wise, OP gave the dude every chance and didn't ship it out due to lack of response. If someone had my money and item I would have kept up daily and opened a claim, if I don't then that's just dumb on me.