PO: Cloud Nothings-Here and Nowhere Else

First play through of side 1 of the us press of this and it sounded absolutely terrible! I mean dull and lifeless, muddy, dirty whatever it sounded like shit. Side 2 is a bit cleaner but really this is pretty below par. Im pretty fierce about it to be honest. Not sure if this is the lofi style they were going for but it has no edge to anything, drums, guitar, even vocals sounds muddy.

I would not purchase this album on vinyl until they get their act together and repress this properly. Now I need to really compare this vinyl release to the digital copy. If the digital is a whole lot less muddy than this I will contacting carpark about it. This is a joke really. DO NOT BUY THE US PRESS!

Edit: Ok just listened to the digital of this, digital is still a little murky but the vinyl is definitely worse, recommend avoiding the us press at the moment, will send carpark an email shortly.

Listening to the limited edition now - in comparison to the MP3s, definitely "muddier", but not horrible.

If someone can confirm that it sounds significantly better than the U.S. press, I'd be willing to track a copy down.

Honestly man I would just cop the digital version. Either version probably sounds as good as the digital, which doesnt sound that great anyway. Good album, just not ideal for vinyl.

I need to talk about these guys.

Here and Nowhere Else is probably my favorite release of 2014 so far. I love it - reminds me a lot of how I felt when Japandroids released Celebration Rock. 

I kept thinking - "these guys have three other albums! I can't believe I haven't got into them before!" I downloaded Attack on Memory - I really can't get into it at all. What's up with that? Just falls completely flat to me.

I love Attack On Memory. Wasted Days is incredible. Fall In and Stay Useless are perfect anthems. Cut You is also a fantastic track - love the guitar solo. Have you given it a few listens? I understand it's quite different from Here and Nowhere Else, but I still think there's plenty of shared qualities between the two. In saying that, the albums prior to Attack on Memory do very little for me.

I need to talk about these guys.

Here and Nowhere Else is probably my favorite release of 2014 so far. I love it - reminds me a lot of how I felt when Japandroids released Celebration Rock.

I kept thinking - "these guys have three other albums! I can't believe I haven't got into them before!" I downloaded Attack on Memory - I really can't get into it at all. What's up with that? Just falls completely flat to me.

Whaaaaat? This album is great but if I had to choose which one to keep, AOM all the way.

I feel the exact opposite, the new album doesn't do much for me at all.  I've listened to it quite a bit and nothing really stands out.  I don't think it's bad necessarily, but it just doesn't grab me like Attack did.  Each to their own of course, but this one isn't for me.

I love Attack On Memory. Wasted Days is incredible. Fall In and Stay Useless are perfect anthems. Cut You is also a fantastic track - love the guitar solo. Have you given it a few listens? I understand it's quite different from Here and Nowhere Else, but I still think there's plenty of shared qualities between the two. In saying that, the albums prior to Attack on Memory do very little for me.

Whaaaaat? This album is great but if I had to choose which one to keep, AOM all the way.

I feel the exact opposite, the new album doesn't do much for me at all.  I've listened to it quite a bit and nothing really stands out.  I don't think it's bad necessarily, but it just doesn't grab me like Attack did.  Each to their own of course, but this one isn't for me.

Maybe I'll listen to AOM more, I've given it maybe two listens. 

Well i put my mouth where my money is and contacted carpark about the quality of the pressing. Got a response fairly quickly too! Apparently they have had not a single complaint about the pressing quality or sound of the vinyl!!! Its weird as the us pressing sounds ok when it is balls to the wall loud, but it just sounds soooo muddy at lower levels and it is noticeable over the digital version.

They have no plans whatsoever to address the sub par sound. No mention of if anyone even bothered to give it a listen or compare it to the digital. Such as shame as the record although kinda lo fi sounding is so good! Oh well will just have to listen to it loud when I do.

Maybe people who object to the sound should drop them a line via email, might encourage them to take some ownership on this one (or not).

Well i put my mouth where my money is and contacted carpark about the quality of the pressing. Got a response fairly quickly too! Apparently they have had not a single complaint about the pressing quality or sound of the vinyl!!! Its weird as the us pressing sounds ok when it is balls to the wall loud, but it just sounds soooo muddy at lower levels and it is noticeable over the digital version.

They have no plans whatsoever to address the sub par sound. No mention of if anyone even bothered to give it a listen or compare it to the digital. Such as shame as the record although kinda lo fi sounding is so good! Oh well will just have to listen to it loud when I do.

Maybe people who object to the sound should drop them a line via email, might encourage them to take some ownership on this one (or not).

Im thinking about it cause now I have a piece of wax that is rendered useless.