04/15/14: Afghan Whigs - Do To The Beast

xbpr

https://www.subpop.com/news/2014/01/27/afghan_whigs_are_back_on_sub_pops_roster

The truly awesome fact that the Afghan Whigs are releasing their first record in 16 years is exciting enough for us to lose our proverbial shit over; the fact that we, Sub Pop Records, have the honor of putting it out is enough for us to lose our literal shit over. (Gross? Sure. True? Maybe.) With that said, mark your calendars for April 15th, 2014 as the day that The Afghan Whigs make a very welcome return into all of our lives with Do to the Beast, their first record in 16 years! More details will be on the way very soon, so check back in. Until then, rejoice, the prodigal sons have returned.

they can't provide more info fast enough....announcement was just this past Monday and i'm already dying for more info...

single, tour dates, tracklist, preorder, come the fuck on now!

I agree. I'm looking forward to tour info. I saw them the last time they came through and they were on fire. It was a great show.

If they aren't my favorite band of all time, they're in the top three. Nothing has blown my mind more than their reunion, especially since Dulli hasn't missed a beat on his own. I bet Rick isn't in this incarnation, which is blasphemy.

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/246-post-a-pic-of-your-collection-band-or-label-only/page-30#entry72154

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it say it is a loser edition?

It says it on the Afghan Whigs site as well as the Afghan Whigs mail list.

It seems the Sub Pop's preorders have been slow about getting the information out lately. When the Chad VanGaalen preorder went up recently, there was no info other than a buy link. Same thing here.

When I ordered, I received a confirmation email that my shipment would go out by January 28th, 2014. Good luck with that!

It says it on the Afghan Whigs site as well as the Afghan Whigs mail list.

It seems the Sub Pop's preorders have been slow about getting the information out lately. When the Chad VanGaalen preorder went up recently, there was no info other than a buy link. Same thing here.

When I ordered, I received a confirmation email that my shipment would go out by January 28th, 2014. Good luck with that!

thanks

I got a late confirmation email (probably from earlier 'cause it has the January date... hah), but my account is still broken and no response yet on fixing it.  I hope it really went through.  I hardly ever luck out with random things, but that poster seems exciting and white vinyl is always nice

[Edit:  I got a reply and my account's now been fixed and the order def went through, so now I'm officially fully excited for this! :D]

• 3 weeks later...