Wal-Mart now carries something like the Expedit

dreamover

Hey all, bumping this as I'm BRAND new to the forum and seeking out a small cabinet / shelf system for my turntable.  I like the Expedit / Kallas from Ikea but I don't really want a 1 x 4 (just fear it's not going to be sturdy enough since I only have enough width in my music room to stand it vertically).  A 1x2 is probably ideal, but it looks like Wal-Mart has this shelf in a 1 x 3.

Anyone else get this since this was posted last year?  How is it?  Sturdy?  Somewhat heavy duty?  Any issues with TT vibration?

I'm wondering if I should pick up two 2x2s, instead of getting the 2x4 (I hope I'm saying these right. I mean the square one that has four individual squares inside and the big rectangle one that's just two of those square ones together.).

I'm mainly thinking this because it would probably be easier to move the 2x2s around if I need to, compared to the big 2x4.

I think I'm just making this far too complicated for me, but it's bugging me lol.

I bought this from Target around August/September..

http://m.target.com/p/threshold-6-cube-horizontal-organizer-avington/-/A-14161912

It's nice with plenty of room for records, but it's starting to sag especially on both middle cubes. It's great yet terrifying at the same time!

• 2 weeks later...

Question for those who have this: does it come with mounting hardware? Would like to try and mount it as a way of lessening vibration (and obviously to keep from tipping as I need to have it straight up and down given my space constraints.)

it just has a cloth strap thing that you can drill into the wall

• 1 month later...