Wal-Mart now carries something like the Expedit

dreamover

Was at Wal-Mart last night for the first time in years. (I hate wal-mart).

And noticed some shelving that looks just like the expedit. In person, and by looking at the dimensions, it looks like the cubes are close or the same size. I'd double check before buying one, but this might be good news to those of you nowhere near an ikea. they seem a bit more expensive than similar-sized expedits.

looks like they come in 1 x 3, 1 x 4, 2 x 4, and 2 x 2

1113046447854_300X300.jpg

0695433882013_180X180.jpg

1113046418260_300X300.jpg

1 x 3: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-3-Cube-Organizer-with-Optional-Storage-Bins-Mutliple-Options/34527401?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

1 x 4: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-4-Cube-Organizer-with-Optional-Storage-Bins-Multiple-Options/34527400?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

2 x 2: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Square-4-Cube-Organizer-Espresso/29741114?action=product_interest&action_type=image&placement_id=irs_middle&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=67523803402&category=0%3A4044%3A103150%3A97116%3A91849&client_guid=cbf0b55c-e72f-4235-bb61-ccf2bf8a884b&config_id=2&parent_item_id=29741111&guid=89270162-cdd2-4c31-8c0f-09fb7ec333e8&bucket_id=irsbucket011&findingMethod=p13n

2 x 4: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Better-Homes-and-Gardens-8-Cube-Organizer-Espresso/29741111

edit: found a few reviews of people that say it's exactly like the expedit and they use it for vinyl. also, i think wal-mart offers free shipping to many locations.

they don't make any of the really big ones, and they look just as sturdy in person. 

I sure hope you're right.  I may be in the market for one of these soon.  Looks can be deceiving.  That black ice I nearly busted my ass on earlier in the week LOOKED like water.

I sure hope you're right.  I may be in the market for one of these soon.  Looks can be deceiving.  That black ice I nearly busted my ass on earlier in the week LOOKED like water.

Hahah!, Very good analogy.  I almost busted my ass on some black ice this week too. 

I saw this at my Wal Mart I didn't think the measurements added up though judging from the "inbox" of their drawers that went with it. Super good price though! Even if someones using it just for 10"s and 7"s and Cassettes or whatever 

well you might've been looking at the wrong shelves. the dimensions are about 1/4 inch less for the 1 x 4. so the cubes are about 1/16th inch smaller or the outer pieces are a bit shorter. probably the outer pieces. people in the reviews say it holds their vinyl. some people even say they use cubes and drawers from expedit and they fit. 

well you might've been looking at the wrong shelves. the dimensions are about 1/4 inch less for the 1 x 4. so the cubes are about 1/16th inch smaller or the outer pieces are a bit shorter. probably the outer pieces. people in the reviews say it holds their vinyl. some people even say they use cubes and drawers from expedit and they fit. 

Well fuck me right? Haha that is awesome then. (I should have read the reviews)

Went to Walmart Saturday night and didn't see any. I'm pretty sure I was looking in the right spot. Oh well.

You probably weren't. I looked all over the furniture section and didn't find any. After eventually finding a employee to help me they were stocked up in front of the store in the seasonal section.

You probably weren't. I looked all over the furniture section and didn't find any. After eventually finding a employee to help me they were stocked up in front of the store in the seasonal section.

Ah!  Thanks a lot!  Yeah I was looking back around the DVD/CD/bookshelves.  I'll have to look again up front next time.