PO: Iron and Wine- Our Endless Numbered Days Transparent Green Vinyl #/500

Not when I can get the regular version for $13ppd on Amazon. Not gonna pay an extra $17 for transparent green. I'd rather buy another record with that money.

And therein lies the problem with all of these Newbury Comic releases. They take readily-available cheap records, make them a shiny color, and sell 'em for twice the price. 

And therein lies the problem with all of these Newbury Comic releases. They take readily-available cheap records, make them a shiny color, and sell 'em for twice the price. 

Newbury Comics used to be my favorite store, but they have been hell bent on increasing profits for the last 2-3 years. Records there are at least $2-3 more expensive than anywhere else. These represses are all bullshit too as they really have no idea how to pick an album that's worth repressing.

Don't even get me started on the price gouging they're doing with Magic: the Gathering.

These represses are all bullshit too as they really have no idea how to pick an album that's worth repressing.

It actually makes a lot of sense. Everything they've repressed so far is super accessible entry-level "indie" stuff that's popular with girls and teenagers. Not saying it's not good, just it's got mass appeal. Combine that with the average vinyl newcomer's predilection towards colored vinyl, and they can easily find 500 sales, even if it's $10 more expensive than a black copy.

Anyone want to take bets on who the next artist will be?  Bon Iver, Sufjan, Iron & Wine... I feel like the trend is a pretty predictable one, as Alex pointed out.

I'm going with Fleet Foxes.

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but it clearly says in their e-mail what is coming down the pike:

Stay tuned for upcoming exclusive vinyl releases from Fleet Foxes, Nirvana and Wu-Tang Clan.

Not sure if this is a joke or not, but it clearly says in their e-mail what is coming down the pike:

I've unsubscribed from their newsletter for ages now, but holy shitlol at Fleet Foxes.  Perfect.  Nirvana and Wu-Tang clan are definite stretches from the pattern they've been following, and certainly not artists I would've guessed.

I'm pretty so-so on Iron & Wine, but I have no shame in confessing my love for Bon Iver's For Emma and Sufjan's Illinois.  I'm really curious to know what Fleet Foxes record is in the works, too.  Highly doubt I'll pay their full prices for a colored version of an album I already own, but it'd make for a fun variant to track down for cheap.